Uganda - Apply for Export Promotion Board Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
All exporters need to register with Uganda Export Promotions Board
- Visit the Uganda Export Promotion Board at the Ministry of Trade, industry and Cooperative.
- Pick a registration form.
- Fill the form with your Tax identification Number TIN, the other information required.
- After fill the form accurately before submitting.
- Attach all the necessary documents and go to the payment counter pay the required fees.
- Then submit the application.
- Upon submission, you will get an -acknowledgment receipt.
- Submit application to office in-charge for approval with attachments.
- Upon approval by the officer in-Charge, a receipt and certificate will be issued.
- Application form for exporter registration (original + copy)
- Certificate of incorporation (copy) For companies
- Business name registration certificate (copy) For sole proprietorships
- Certificate of registration of a cooperative (copy) For cooperatives
- Form 20 (notification and appointment of secretary and director of company) (copy) this document is provided by the Uganda Registration Services Bureau at company registration.
- Form 7 (original + copy) For companies incorporated earlier than July 2016
- Tax identification number For the company
- Application form
- National Identification card
- Proof of payment.
- Your passport photos.
- Completed health check report.
- Name and Address.
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Export Promotion Board
2nd Floor, UEDCL Tower Plot 37,
P. O. Box 5045 Kampala - Uganda.
Tel: +256 (0)414 230250/+256 414 257 001
Ministry of Trade, industries and Cooperatives
Plot 6/8, Parliamentary Avenue
P.O. Box 7103 Kampala
Tel: +256-312 324 000 | +256 312 324 268
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House, Kampala
P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
Tel: +256 414 233 21/256 417 338 100
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
- Any person aged 18 years and above and legally residing in the country is Eligible to register with Uganda Export promotion Board.
- Any person who obtain Export license or permission for exporting products outside Uganda should register with the Export promotion Board.
- Any person who has the Export interest and meets the above requirements and exporting products that does not fall in the restricted list.
No fees for registration*
A certificate issued under this institution is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Within 2 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
The Government Act.No.2 of 1996 provides for establishment of Uganda Export promotion Board by a Statute of Parliament, UEPB Statute, repealed the Uganda Export Promotion Council (UEPC) Act No. 7 of 1983. The 1983 Act had previously repealed Parliamentary Act 17 of 1969 which established the first Uganda Export Promotion Council.
- Name of the Applicant.
- Information about the products and commodities to be exported
- Residential address of the applicant
- Nationality of the applicant
- Tin number
- Export Licence
- Country to export
- Company Name
- Number of products to export.
- Registration Number.
Need for the Document
This registration grants access to market information and trade fairs.
Information which might help
The Board was set up to serve five primary functions:
- To provide trade and market information services (details of tariffs for all markets by product category, general market entry information, lists of importers by country and product category, price data, analyses of market trends, import and export procedures and documentation requirements, trade flows by products and trade partners, and market information dissemination)
- To promote the development of exports (including provision of technical advice in production and post-harvest handling, and test marketing new exports)
- To provide trade promotional services (including organizing, coordinating and participating in trade fairs, and organizing both inward and outward trade missions aimed at fostering export growth)
- To provide customized advisory services such as basic business skills, export distribution channels, foreign trade practice, trade preferences available to Uganda, pre-shipment credit and other trade financing, and export
- To formulate and recommend to Government export plans, policies and strategies
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.