Uganda - Apply for Employment in Public Service Commission
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
HOW TO APPLY
- The Public Service Commission always advertises job opening through, daily newspapers, internet, private advertising agency or their website portal Public service commission
- Visit any of the above advertising means and identify a vacancy that suits your qualification and experience
- Go to either Public Service Commission Office, any Ministry / Department Headquarter or any District Service Commission Office and obtain an application Form - Public Service Form 3 (PSF 3) [Revised 2008] and Summary Applicants Form which can also obtained from the commissions website Application
- Read instructions carefully and fill in accurate, attach all copies of the required documents and submit them to the Secretary Public Service Commission Office, any Ministry / Department Headquarter or any District Service Commission Office.(Place of submission is always indicated in an advert)
- If you meet the required qualification and experience you will be contacted by the office of public service commission and informed when interviews will be carried out.
- Visit the public service commission website portal Apply onlineand click on “JOBLINE” on the drop box select “Apply online” log in using your email address and password
- Identify a vacancy that suits your qualification and experience
- Read through the instruction carefully and fill in the application form correctly
- Upload all the required documents ,verify all the information is correct and submit them
- If you met the required qualification and experience you will be conducted by the office of public service commission and informed when interviews will be carried out
- Academic documents copies
- Three (3) passport photos
- Recommendation Letters
- Filled application form
Office Locations & Contacts
Public Service Commission
2nd Floor, Farmers House
Expanding Social Protection Programme (ESP)
Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development
Plot 9, Lourdel Road
P.O. Box 28240,
Tel: +256 414 534 201, +256 414 534 202, +256 312 202 051, +256 312 202 050
Website: Social protection
Department of Community Based Services
Hoima District Local Government
Kyenjojo - Hoima Rd, Hoima,
P.O. Box 2,
- Anyone who meets requirements of an advertise job can apply for it.
- No charges fees for the application
- This varies basing on which district service commission / ministry / department advertise a job and time frame for applying is always indicated in an advert.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- This also varies basing on which district service commission / ministry / department advertise a job; processing time is always indicated in an advert.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices.
- The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should not apply for more than two posts.
- Forms must be filled original in own handwriting. Applicants should send three sets application together with photocopies of their certificates and testimonials,
- Attach three recent certified passport size photographs. Applicants who do not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
- Title of post applied for and Reference No
- Full name of applicant
- Sex, Age and marital status
- Profession / Qualification
- Education back ground
- Details of work experience
- Details of three (3) referees.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- The Public Service Commission in Uganda was established to Advise the President in the performance of his/her functions under Article 172 of the Constitution; Appoint, confirm in appointments, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding office of the Public Service;
- Appoint, Permanent Secretaries; Appoint Clerk to Parliament; Appoint Secretary to Cabinet;Appoint Director of Public Prosecutions; Appoint Secretary and other staff of the Uganda Human Rights Commission;
- Appoint Secretary and other staff of the Electoral Commission; Review Terms and Conditions of Service, Standing Orders, qualifications of Public Officers, matters connected with Personnel Management and development of the Public Service and make recommendations on them to government.; Guiding and coordinating the work of the District Service Commission;
- Hear and determine grievances from persons appointed by the District Service Commissions;Approve and appoint the Chairpersons and Members of District Service Commissions; Appoint, confirm and exercise disciplinary control over Chief Administrative Officers and Deputy Chief Administrative Officers and Town Clerks of a City and Municipalities.