Uganda - Apply for Employment in Public Service Commission
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Identify a vacancy that suits ones qualification and experience. This can be from either an advert or internal source;
- Go to either Public Service Commission Office, any Ministry / Department Headquarter or any District Service Commission Office and obtain an application Form - Public Service Form 3 (PSF 3) [Revised 2008] and Summary Applicants Form which can also obtained from the commissions website - http://psc.go.ug;
- Read instructions carefully and fill in accurately;
- Attach all copies of the required documents; and
- Submit application to the Secretary Public Service Commission Office, any Ministry / Department Headquarter or any District Service Commission Office. (place of submission is always indicated in an advert)
- Academic documents
- Three (3) passport photos
- Recommendation Letters
Office Locations & Contacts
Expanding Social Protection Programme (ESP)
Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development
Plot 9, Lourdel Road
P.O. Box 28240,
Tel: +256 414 534 201, +256 414 534 202, +256 312 202 051, +256 312 202 050
Department of Community Based Services
Hoima District Local Government
Kyenjojo - Hoima Rd, Hoima,
P.O. Box 2,
Anyone who meets requirements of an advertise job can apply for it.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
This varies basing on which district service commission / ministry / department advertise a job and time frame for applying is always indicated in an advert.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
This also varies basing on which district service commission / ministry / department advertise a job; processing time is always indicated in an advert.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The application forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, Ministry/Department Headquarters and District Service Commission Offices.
- The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should not apply for more than two posts.
- Forms must be filled original in own handwriting. Applicants should send three sets application together with photocopies of their certificates and testimonials,
- Attach three recent certified passport size photographs. Applicants who do not hear from the Public Service Commission on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.
- Title of post applied for and Reference No
- Full name of applicant
- Sex, Age and marital status
- Profession / Qualification
- Education back ground
- Details of work experience
- Details of three (3) referees.
Need for the Document
The Public Service Commission in Uganda was established to Advise the President in the performance of his/her functions under Article 172 of the Constitution;
Appoint, confirm in appointments, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding office of the Public Service;
Appoint, Permanent Secretaries; Appoint Clerk to Parliament; Appoint Secretary to Cabinet;
Appoint Director of Public Prosecutions; Appoint Secretary and other staff of the Uganda Human Rights Commission;
Appoint Secretary and other staff of the Electoral Commission; Review Terms and Conditions of Service, Standing Orders, qualifications of Public Officers, matters connected with Personnel Management and development of the Public Service and make recommendations on them to government.; Guiding and coordinating the work of the District Service Commission;
Hear and determine grievances from persons appointed by the District Service Commissions; Approve and appoint the Chairpersons and Members of District Service Commissions; Appoint, confirm and exercise disciplinary control over Chief Administrative Officers and Deputy Chief Administrative Officers and Town Clerks of a City and Municipalities.
Information which might help
- Hand written applications may also acceptable.
- Serving officers should also completed application form in triplicate (original in own handwriting) and should submitted through their
- Permanent Secretary/Responsible Officer.
- After completely filling the application form in triplicate (the original in own handwriting), other applicants submit submitted direct to the relevant Service Commission
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.