Uganda - Apply for Customs Clearing Agent License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Customs agents are persons or companies licensed by the Commissioner of Customs to Act on behalf of the importers and exporters.
- Customs agents must be licensed by the Commissioner before they can be involved in the clearance of goods through Customs.
- An application on Form C24 must be made and presented to the Commissioner for consideration.
- Tenancy agreement.
- Certificate of registration and company form 20.
- Company letter with stamp impression/seal.
- Proof of established office, the physical location
- Proof of the bankers in the application;
- Memorandum and articles of association of the company;
- Certificate of registration of the company;
- Tax Identification Numbers of the company and the directors;
- Copies of identity cards, passports or other forms of identification of the directors and staff proposed to directly handle or sign customs documents; and
- Recent passport size photographs of directors and staff duly certified by a Notary Public or a Commissioner for Oaths
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority Headquarters:
Plot M193/M194, Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279, Kampala, Uganda.
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
Email: [email protected]
Website:Uganda Revenue Authority
Other offices: Kampala South located at Old Kampala Mosque,
Kampala North located in Bwaise (Mulago Kalerwe Round about).
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Crested Towers (Tall Tower)
Tel: 041-7443000, 041-7443134
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Tel: 041-7440000, 041-7442042
The Commissioner can only license people/companies who are registered, knowledgeable about Customs clearance and have an office with equipment like computers
- Application Fees: 50 USD
- License Fee: 400 USD
- Renewal Fee: 400 USD
- The validity period of a Customs Agent license is 1 calendar year. Licenses obtained in the course of the year all expire on the 31st December of every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
The renewal is subject to the Commissioners approval based on considerations. The owner of goods being cleared through Customs is responsible for what the authorized agent does during the period he/she is acting on his/her behalf. Both the owner and the agent will be prosecuted for any unlawful acts done by the agent acting on his/her behalf.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
To legalize the operations of clearing and forwarding firms to transact business on behalf of the taxpayers.
Information which might help
- An agent, authorized by the owner to act on their behalf in writing, will be responsible for preparing and presenting the declarations to Customs.
- The agent may also sign any other documents on behalf of his client on request if authorized by the Customs Act.
- The agent will ensure that all taxes due are paid as required on the consignments he/she handles on behalf of the owner.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.