Uganda - Apply for Commercial Pilot License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), one has to complete and submit the prescribed application form applicant form.ie Form: O-PEL003
- This form can be obtained by visiting the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority. Website: Uganda Civil Aviation Authority
- After filling the application, the required documents and the application form should be submitted to the UCAA office or you can forwarded them to the:-
- Director General,
- Uganda Civil Aviation Authority,
- P. O. Box 5536,
- Kampala, Uganda,
- Director General,
- You are to submit the application documents with all the required documents. These documents include:-
- (i) Aeronautical Experience Form showing the breakdown of the required flight hours.
- (ii) Summary of flying experience form
- (iii) Application form for English Language Proficiency endorsement
- (iv) Application form for Flight Radio Telephony Operator’s License
- (v) A valid Medical Certificate - Class 1
- (vi) Four passport size photographs - full face (2cm by 2.5cm);
- (vii) A photo Identification Card or Passport and a copy of the same
- (viii) Certified copies of the last 2 pages of the personal logbook.
- You are also to proceed to pay the prescribed application fees and submit the payment receipt together with the application documents. An application fee is charged for the process.
- A processing time of 14 days is needed to complete the processing of the Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL), after which you will be contacted through a phone call to collect your new license at the UCAA offices.
- You will be required to carry your identification documents when collecting your new license.
- Fully Completed prescribed application form:-
- Application for Commercial Pilot Licence
- Aeronautical Experience Form showing the breakdown of the hours that an applicant should have.
- Summary of flying experience form
- Application form for English Language Proficiency endorsement
- Application form for Flight Radio Telephony Operator’s License
- A valid Medical Certificate - Class 1
- Four passport size photographs - full face (2cm by 2.5cm);
- A photo Identification Card or Passport, or Birth Certificate and a copy of the same.
- Certified copies of the last 2 pages of the personal logbook. These pages show the latest flying experience certified by the pilot’s supervisor, who will certify the relevant logbook entries by endorsing his signature and license number.
- Payment receipt of the prescribed fees
Office Locations & Contacts
- Be at least eighteen years of age;
- Be in possession of a Class 1 Medical Certificate.
- Hold a Private Pilot License or meet the requirements for application for military licenses; or conversion of foreign licenses and
- Receive a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor who: -
- Conducted the required ground training on the required aeronautical knowledge areas, that apply to the aircraft category and class rating sought and
- Certified that the person is prepared for the required knowledge test that applies to the aircraft category and class rating sought.
- Pass the required knowledge test on the following aeronautical knowledge areas
- Meet the required aeronautical experience. These required flight hours are supposed not to be less than 200 hours of flight time, or 150 hours if completed during an integrated course of approved training provided for in an Approved Training Organisation under the Civil Aviation (Approved Training Organisation) Regulations, 2014 as a pilot of aeroplanes, of which 10 hours may have been completed in a synthetic flight trainer
- Receive the required training and a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor who:
- Conducted the training on the areas of operation that apply to the aircraft category and class rating sought; and
- Certified that the person is prepared for the required practical test.
- Pass the required practical test on the areas of operation that apply to the aircraft category and class rating sought;
- Pass the English Language Proficiency exam and attain either of
- Operational Level (Level 4); Valid for 3 years
- Extended Level (Level 5); Valid for 6 years
- Expert Level (Level 6); Valid for Life
A fee of Ugsh. 60,000 is charged for this application.
Other charges for CPL conversion of ICAO.
- Aviation law, flight rule and procedures 40,000
- Flight planning 21,000
- Meteorology 21,000
- Navigation general 21,000
- Radio Aids 21,000
- Flying test a flying Assistant 40,000
- Flying instructor’s rating or renewal of a
- Rating(if a flight is required) 40,000
A Commercial Pilot Licence with an aeroplane or rotorcraft (helicopter) category rating shall be valid—
- For a holder who is less than forty years of age, from the date the licence is issued or renewed by the Authority, for a period of the remainder of the twelve month validity of the holder’s Medical Certificate or
- For a holder who is forty years of age or more, from the date the licence is issued or renewed by the Authority for a period of the remainder of the six months validity of the holder’s Medical Certificate.
- A report of medical fitness for the Commercial Pilot Licence is valid for 12 months for pilots under 40 years and 6 months for pilots above 40 years.
Documents to Use
Application for issue or renewal of a commercial pilot license-Form: O-PEL 003 : Application Form O-PEL 003
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time is fourteen days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
The applicant should:-
- Complete the CPL prescribed application form,
- Complete the flying experience summary form,
- Submit Class 1 Medical Certificate together with all the required documents to the UCAA offices.
- Pay the applicable fees and submit the payment receipt.
- Wait for the processing period to elapse then collect your CPL license.
- Full names
- Postal and physical address
- Date and place of birth
- Name of Aviation Training Organisation where you got instructed
- Particulars of licences already held (Place and Date of Issue , Type of Licence, Number and Expiry Date )
- Category, Class and/or Aircraft Type (if required) for which the Licence is required.
- Instrument Rating held and state date of last test.
- Total Instrument Flying Hours
- Hours Flown (Totals to Date , Totals since renewal, Totals last 6 months)
- Co-pilot details
- Whether yet examined for and obtained a medical certificate in accordance with the Civil Aviation Regulations
- Whether you are able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language in accordance with the English language proficiency requirements of the Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Whether you have met all the requirements for the issuance of this licence
- Signature of Applicant
- Date of Application
Need for the Document
- Commercial pilots train as private pilots, which allows them to learn the basics of flying before progressing into more complicated planes and situations.
- Having a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) allows flying for a compensation or a hire, so it is the choice, if you wish to pursue flying as a career.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Present a photo Identification Card or a Passport as a form of identification, details of which should be the same as the personal information provided on the prescribed application form; and if the applicant’s identity cannot be verified, the application will be rejected, and the applicant will have to return with the proper identification.
More information which might help people.