Uganda - Apply for Clearance Certificate for Flowers, Fruits, Vegetables and Plants
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for a clearance Certificate shall be made to the Uganda Revenue Authority in the form prescribed by the Income Tax law as set by the Ordinance.
- The Licensing authority may deem necessary to inspect the proposed flowers,fruits,Vegetable and Plants to verify the relevancy and compliance with the set Customs Bill of Entry and standards of the Authority.
- The Authority shall not issue a clearance certificate referred to in Act unless the applicant is done with lodging in Import/export entries and other clearances which are a legal declaration to Customs under the East African Community Customs Management Act, 2004. On addition to stating all the commodities to be cleared in respect of the License.
- No clearance should be done unless they are licensed by the Uganda Revenue Authority in the form prescribed in the Ordinance.
- Pay relevant fees, depending on the requirements from of Customs clearance of goods and attach a copy of the pay slip from the Bank on the application.
- Submit the application along with all required documents, a Customs Bill of Entry duly completed and signed by a Customs Agent. It is currently captured in the DTI Center (Direct Trader Input terminal) and details are obtained from the documents supplied by the applicant.
- Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA World) which is linked to the main URA server for instant data transfer from a remote DTI Centre
- Once approved by the Uganda Revenue Authority a clearance certificate shall be issued to the applicant.
- Phytosanitary certificate
- Export license from the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives
- Certificate of origin from Uganda Export Promotions Board
- Movement Certificate Eur.1 (For exports to the European Union)
- Commercial Invoice.
- Bill of Lading (for Imports by Sea)
- Airway Bill (for imports by air)
- Railway consignment note (for imports by rail)
- Freight Invoice/Road Consignment Note
- Insurance certificate (if goods were insured)
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority Headquarters:
Plot M193/M194, Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279, Kampala, Uganda.
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
Email: [email protected]
Website: Uganda Revenue Authority
Other offices: Kampala South located at Old Kampala Mosque,
Kampala North located in Bwaise (Mulago Kalerwe Round about).
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Crested Towers (Tall Tower)
Tel: 041-7443000, 041-7443134
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Tel: 041-7440000, 041-7442042
- All individuals and agencies dealing in Flowers, fruits, Vegetables and plants in Uganda are eligible for the clearance Certificate
- UGShs. 50,000 This is per the MOU with the exporters of roses,fruits and vegetables where the inspector does farm inspection.
- clearance certificate UGX 353,150.18 UGX 170,000 + USD 50
- UGShs. 5,000 For phytosanitary certificate
- UGShs. 55,000 Special MOU with MAAIF to cover pre inspection .
- UGShs. 183,150.18 USD 50
- This is an estimate cost per container
- A certificate issued under this ordinance is valid for one particular route and expire on end of every transaction.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Maximum processing time 2 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- A certificate issued under this ordinance shall not be transferable.
- Customs clearance is mandatory for all goods imported in to the country
- Proforma Invoice
- Packing Lists
- Certificate of Origin
- Inspection Certificate
- Permits (if necessary)
- Road transit Customs Document (Commonly known as C63)
- prepared at seaport and entry port in Uganda.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- Note that the standard documents used in the application for tax exemption are the same documents that are used for clearance of goods. Additional documents may be required on a case by case basis depending on the nature of the import.
- Note that UN organizations, by the nature of their registration are duty and tax free. WFP food imports are tax free. However, any relief items are granted exemption on a case by case basis.
- The EAC Heads of State early in the year (2013) assented to the One Stop Border Posts Bill 2012 which provides for the establishment of One Stop Border Posts (OSBP) in the region in order to facilitate trade through the efficient movement of goods and people within EAC. This OSBP bill concept is aimed at harmonising transit clearance, with two officers from bordering countries sitting under one roof to handle transit documents concurrently in order to save time.
- Construction of a border post at Malaba on Kenya-Uganda border is already done and also funding of ASYCUDA WORLD, the system that allows 24-hour clearing of cargo using remote control, the electronic cargo tracking system and integrated border management system in both Malaba and Busia borders.
- Inspectors check for any pest infestation, plant infections, grain breakage or contamination in commodities entering the country or in transit to third countries as per international conventions. Upon checking each truck, the UQIS inspector allows it in or directs fumigation or may recommend destruction, depending on the findings.
- For processed foodstuffs, after inspection he forwards to UNBS for quality check.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.