Uganda - Apply for Change in Professional Auxiliary Staff
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- All applicant for change in professional Auxiliary staff shall apply in writing and obtain approval in writing prior to relocation from Pharmaceutical society of Uganda.
- The application form must be accompanied by the signed commitment letter(s) of the Pharmacists, Key personnel (for the industry), Professional Auxiliary Staff, and countersigned by the Chief Executive or in-charge of the organization.
- Fill up the appropriate application form as described by the Pharmaceutical society of Uganda.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee of 50,000Ugshs.
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip to the supervising pharmacist Officer in charge of the Unit in which the pharmacy is located.
- The supervising pharmacist shall provide a commitment in writing stating the names and qualification of the profession auxiliary staff who intent to change from one Pharmacy to another to the National drug Authority.
- It is the responsibility of the supervising pharmacist to ensure that commitment letter is submitted to the National Drug Authority.
- The professional auxiliary staff seeking to relocate must have a valid licence.
- Upon receipt of a completed application form for permission to Change in Professional Auxiliary Staff, pick your permission letter from where your application was submitted within 30 days from the date the application was received at National Drug Authority in case there is no rejection.
- Dully filled application form for change of Professional Auxiliary Staff.
- Evidence of payment of charge fees.
- The qualifications of Professional Auxiliary staff.
- Certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts.
- A recent passport size photograph.
- Workplace ID should be attached.
- Evidence that one of the director in the company is a pharmacist.
- Certified copy of the certificate of registration of the supervising pharmacist.
- Commitment letters from the supervising pharmacist and professional auxiliary staff.
- Certificate copy of a valid certificate of registration/enrollment with the relevant professional body for the professional auxiliary.
- For wholesale/retail pharmacy (veterinary) a copy of certificate of the qualified veterinary profession.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Drug Authority
Plot No. 19, Rumee Towers, Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 23096, Kampala, Uganda.
Tel: +256-414-255665, +256-414-347391/2
Fax :(256) 41-255758
Email: [email protected]
Website:National Drug Authority
- The pharmacy auxiliary staff shall be the following:Dispenser (Pharmacy technician), enrolled nurse, comprehensive nurse.
- Any Professional Auxiliary staff with data base identification number and interested in changing from one pharmacy to another during the licensing period, through the Council of Pharmaceutical society of Uganda is eligible for this permission Letter.
- However, Psychiatric nurses are not eligible except those that had undertaken the Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda training or possess a Data base identification number (DIN number) or that had experience working in a Pharmacy prior to issuance of the directive in 2013.
Fees Charge: 50,000Ugs
Validity: Professional Auxiliary staff is valid for a long time and must apply for permission to change of jobs again.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 30 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
A Professional Auxiliary staff who need to change jobs within the course of the year have to notify the Council of pharmaceutical association of Uganda.
- Name and qualifications of the professional Auxiliary staff.
- Workplace Identification card.
- Recent passport size photograph
- Educational background
- Job title
- Data Base identification Number (DIN Number)
- Qualification Certificate Number
- Exam Year
- Time to work
- Practice Areas
- Practitioners category
- Name of Professional Auxiliary Staff
- Mailing Address
- Zip Code
- Practitioners Pharmacist Registration Agency Examine Opinion
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
The pharmacy Auxiliary staff shall be the following: Dispenser (Pharmacy technician), enrolled nurse, comprehensive nurse. Any other category will have to be justified and approved.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.