Uganda - Apply for Certificate of Registration of Importers of Milk and Milk Product
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
How to apply
- Gather all the required document and the recommend licences fee and visit Dairy Development Authority
- Approach the service desk and request for the application form, read through the instruction carefully and fill it accurately :application from
- Attach all the required documents and submit the fill form to the attending officer who will verify and process them
- If all the information are in order you will be issued with the licence within 3 days upon paying the licences fee
- Certificate of origin.
- Distribution plan.
- Total tonnage to be imported per consignment.
- Veterinary certificate of no objection permit from parent ministry of livestock.
Office Locations & Contacts
Dairy Development Authority
Phone: +256 414343901/3
Physical Address: 1 Kafu Road
Postal Address: P.O.Box 34006, Kampala, Uganda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
Directions: View Directions
All milk traders, who want to import milk to Uganda
Licences fee and renewal licences fees
- UGX 2,000,000
- The licences is valid for one year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 3 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- At the time of clearing to enter the country, importers of milk and milk products must be in possession of a valid quality certificate issued by a competent authority from the country of origin.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Company name/address /directors names
- Location of the premise’s
- Volume of milk/milk product to be imported
- Signature of the applicant
Need for the Document
- Purpose of the certificate/licences is to ensure milk importer compliance and conformity with the dairy standards and regulations as stipulated by the dairy development authority in Uganda.
Information which might help
Function of dairy development authority (DDA)
- Registers and licenses milk traders, transporters and processors.
- Inspects and advises on standard procedures for handling during milk trade and processing.
- Supports formation and registration of dairy farmer groups.
- Carries out various dairy development activities such as training dairy farmers in various aspects e.g. dairy cattle management, hygienic milk production and handling, and on farm business skills including record keeping.
- Carries out and supports generic promotions that promote milk consumption in Uganda
- Carries out research and pools data on milk production, processing and marketing.
- Acts as an arbitrator in any conflict between the different stakeholders along the dairy chain.
- Provides proper coordination and efficient implementation of government policies related to the dairy sector.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.