Uganda - Apply for Certificate of Registration as Coffee Exporter.
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A Certificate of Registration as Coffee Exporter can be obtained from Coffee Development Authority.
- No person shall export coffee except under a certificate of registration issued by the Authority.
- An application for registration as a coffee exporter shall be in Form 3 set out in the UCDA Coffee Act Regulations and shall be accompanied by the fee as prescribed in relation the Regulations.
- Any coffee for export shall be sold through tender or auction or private treaty as the exporter may choose.
- Fill up the appropriate application form 3 and attach the required documents as prescribed by the Coffee Development Authority and should be accompanied by:-
- the full name and address of the applicant
- in the case of a company limited by shares, the names and full addresses of its directors and the number of shareholders and their respective share holdings.
- a Performance Bond as determined by the Authority.
- evidence of access to a coffee reprocessing factory capable of producing export grades.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee as prescribed by the Authority.
- Where the Authority is satisfied that the applicant for a certificate of registration as a coffee exporter has satisfied all the requirements necessary for the grant of the coffee registration certificate taking into consideration the provisions of regulation 11 and upon payment of the prescribed fee, the Authority may grant him the certificate.
- Collect your certificate of registration from where your application was submitted within a day from the date the application was received at Uganda Coffee Development Authority in case there is no rejection.
- The applicant shall receive a certificate of registration as a coffee export issued by the Authority under Form 4.
Note: The Authority may, in issuing a certificate of registration to the applicant as a coffee exporter, limit the amount of coffee that may be exported by the exporter in line with the demands of international obligations.
- Company profile indicating Memorandum and Articles of Association, shareholders and management set up
- Proof letter from Uganda Registration Services Bureau
- Pay registration/License fee of Shs 1.5m/= per annum
- Phyto-Sanitary Certificate issued by Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
- Provide a performance bond in Uganda Shillings equivalent to US $ 25,000 (Not Cash)
- Provide evidence of access to a reprocessing factory capable of producing export grades
- Provide full name of applicant and physical address
- Valid Export Certificate / License / Permits from Ministry of Trade, Tourism and Industry.
- Quality Certificate from relevant regulatory bodies i.e. UCDA, CDO.
- Certificate of origin from Kampala National Chamber of Commerce and Industry for exports.
- Movement certificate for goods destined for the EU issued by the Kampala Exports Promotion Board (UEPB).
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Coffee Development Authority
Physical Address: Plot 35 Jinja Road, Coffee House
Postal Address: P.O.Box 7267 Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256940 / 312-260470
Email: [email protected] Email this Agency
Website:Uganda Coffee Development Authority
Anyone / company registered, has a product or service and has completed all the requirements can register for Coffee export Certificate.
- License Fee: 1,500,000 Ugshs.
- Renewal Fee: 1,500,000 Ugshs
Validity: 1 Year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 3 Weeks
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full name and address of applicant
- Details of product / services to be exported
- Name of Applicant
- Address of Applicant
- Type of coffee to be exported
- Expected volume of exports for the season
- Mode of coffee marketing (barter, private treaty, long term cash sales, tender, auction.)
- Source of export coffee
- Shareholders of the Company
- Name of Agent to do the reprocessing
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.