Uganda - Apply for Certificate of Identity
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain and fill in application forms A and B.
- Submit form along with the a covering letter from Local Council 1.
- For non nationals you will need to justify why you cannot obtain a travel document.
- You will also need to attach two passport sized photos to your application.
- Pay the application fee.
- Filled in forms A and B
- Two passport size photos
- Covering letter from Area Local Council 1
- For applicants who are non nationals, applicant should justify why he/she doesnt have or cant obtain your national travel document
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Email Enquiry Form: http://www.immigration.go.ug/content/contact-us
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
- RDC / Administration building: Masaba Road
Masindi Passport Center
- Masindi Town
Hoima Passport Center
- Kampaya House: Old Fort-portal Road, Hoima town
Mbarara Regional Office
- Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
Masaka Regional Office
- Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
Jinja Regional Office
- Administration block: Busoga Square
Mubende Regional Office
- RDC building
Fortportal Regional Office
- Administration Block: Boma Road
Lira Regional Office
- District Chambers Building: Dr. Obote Avenue
Mityana Regional Office
- RDC building
Kampala Main Passport Office
- American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)
- Ugandans and non Ugandans
Application fee of 30,000/ (Uganda shillings)
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Certificates of identity are documents issued to Ugandans and non Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents during emergency situations.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Republic of Uganda Ministry of Internal Affairs, Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Website: http://www.immigration.go.ug/page/uganda-travel-document
More information which might help people.