Uganda - Apply for Certificate of Identity
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Certificates of identity are issued to Ugandans and non-Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents in emergency situations
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit the Ministry of Internal Affairs; Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration offices in Uganda or embassy/high commission of Uganda near you with all the required documents and the recommended application fees
- Request for the application forms, link forms A and B A B
- Read through the instruction carefully and fill the application forms correctly, pay the application fees and attach all the required documents and submit them to the attending officer
- NOTE : The covering letter should be addressed to the Passport Control Officer; Ministry of Internal Affairs; Kampala
- Recommender must attach a photocopy of his/her Work ID and countersign
- The attending officer will verify and process all the documents and if all the information are in order you will be issued with your certificate
- Fill forms A and B
- Attach 2 passport size photos
- Attach covering letter from Area Lc 1
- In the case of applications by non-nationals, applicant should justify why he/she doesn'thave or can't obtain your national travel document
- Pay UGX 40,000 Uganda Shillings
- Expired Certificate of Identity or copy of expired travel document
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Email Enquiry Form: http://www.immigration.go.ug/content/contact-us
- Arua Office
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
- Gulu Office
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
- Mbale Office
- RDC / Administration building: Masaba Road
- Masindi Passport Center
- Masindi Town
- Hoima Passport Center
- Kampaya House: Old Fort-portal Road, Hoima town
- Mbarara Regional Office
- Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
- Masaka Regional Office
- Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
- Jinja Regional Office
- Administration block: Busoga Square
- Mubende Regional Office
- RDC building
- Fortportal Regional Office
- Administration Block: Boma Road
- Lira Regional Office
- District Chambers Building: Dr. Obote Avenue
- Mityana Regional Office
- RDC building
- Kampala Main Passport Office
- American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)
- Ugandans and non-Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents in emergency situations.
- Application fee of 30,000/ (Uganda shillings) in Uganda
- Consult the embassy/high commission if applying from abroad Uganda Embassy
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Obtain and fill in application forms A and B.
- Submit form along with the covering letter from Local Council 1.
- For non-nationals you will need to justify why you cannot obtain a travel document.
- You will also need to attach two passport sized photos to your application.
- Pay the application fee.
- Names of the applicant
- Date of birth of the applicant
- Place of birth of the applicant
- Professional of the applicant
- Residential address of the applicant
- Telephone NO /email address of the applicant
- Husband full names
- Date and place of marriage
Need for the Document
- Certificates of identity are documents issued to Ugandans and non Ugandans who cannot readily access Travel documents during emergency situations.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.