Uganda - Apply for Cattle Trader’s License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- License or Permit for Cattle traders can be obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and fisheries under the department of Animal resources.
- An application for the issue of a cattle trader’s licence shall be made in Form I in the Schedule to these Rules to the veterinary officer in the area in which the applicant intends to carry on business as a cattle trader.
- The application shall be accompanied by:-
- the prescribed fee;
- two un mounted photographs of the applicant, which shall be approximately 2½ inches by 2 inches in size.
- Fill up the application form 1 as described by the commissioner livestock and entomology.
- Pay relevant fees, depending on the type and number of cattle intended to trade in a particular period and attach a copy of the pay slip from the Bank on the application.
- Submit the application along with all required documents, to the commissioner livestock and entomology.
- Once all the required criteria are fulfilled and approved by the commissioner livestock and entomology officer may grant to the applicant of cattle traders Licence.
- Filled Application form endorsed by the area of operation District Veterinary Officer.
- Proof that the applicant has never been convicted of an offense under the Cattle Traders Act and the Animal Diseases Act.
- Payment of local government revenue (varies according to different local governments)
- Proof of payment of the prescribed fee;
- two unmounted photographs of the applicant, which shall be approximately 2½ inches by 2 inches in size.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
Commissioner of Livestock and Entomology
Department of Animal Resources.
P.Box 513 Entebbe, Uganda
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
Tel: +256 414 320 004
Tel: +256 414 320 627
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Website:Directorate of fisheries resources
- Applicant should prove that he or she has resources and experience to engage satisfactorily in the business of a cattle trade to be eligible for this Licence.
- Licence fees 5,000 Ugshs.
- Renewal Fee: 5,000 Ugshs.
Validity: 1 Year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 1 day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Purpose is to regulate cattle trading in Uganda.
- Any person who makes any statement which to his or her knowledge is untrue in any application for the grant or renewal of a cattle trader’s licence or for the endorsement of a licence commits an offence against these Rules and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding five hundred shillings or to imprisonment for a period not exceeding three months or to both.
- A Licence granted under the cattle Act shall not be transferred or assigned except with prior consent in writing of the commissioner livestock.
- An application for cattle trading Licence shall be made in writing in form 1 as the Veterinary officer may direct.
- In renewing a cattle traders Licence under the cattle traders Act, the Commissioner of livestock and entomology may make such amendments to the Licence and impose such new terms and conditions as it considers fit.
- The commissioner for livestock and entomology shall, if satisfied as to the particulars shown in the application and if satisfied that all requirements of the Cattle traders Act and the regulations have been complied with, renew the Licence of the applicant for the next licensing year.
- Not less than one month before the end of a licensing year, every holder of cattle trader’s Licence, who intends to renew his or her Licence shall apply to the commissioner for livestock in the prescribed manner accompanied by the prescribed fee and any other forms or documents that may be prescribed.
- Names, Physical and Postal Address of Applicant
- Application to be submitted in duplicate and completed in the English language.
- To be sent to the veterinary officer in the area where the applicant intends to trade.
- Photograph size 2½ inches by 2 inches (head and shoulders). (Not required for an application to renew a licence.)
- Name and address of employer or principal
- Information on any offence against the Animal Diseases
- Information on any offence against the Cattle Traders
- Information whether the applicant have ever been disqualified for holding any licence under the Cattle Traders Act.
- Date and signature of the veterinary officer.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- It is imperative for applicant for the grant of cattle traders Licence, to put the following into consideration before applying for the Licence
- the needs of the cattle business in public;
- the desirability of providing cattle trading business which are both efficient and economic;
- the coordination and transportation of cattle in any particular area or in the whole of Uganda;
- the agreed cattle policy with the neighbouring Districts , villages , sub counties or countries.
- A cattle trader’s Licence shall be for the duration of a licensing year and may be granted subject to such terms and conditions as the veterinary officer may think fit to impose.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.