Uganda - Apply for Bicycle Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Visit the Uganda Transport Licence Board at the Ministry of works and Transport.
- Pick a registration form.
- Fill the form with your Tax identification Number TIN, the other information required.
- After fill the form accurately before submitting.
- Attach all the necessary documents and go to the payment counter pay the required fees.
- Then submit the application.
- Upon submission, you will get an -acknowledgment receipt.
- Submit application to Licensing office for approval with attachments.
- Upon approval by the Licensing officer, a receipt and Bicycle Licence will be issued
- Bicycle license application form
- National Identification card
- Proof of payment.
- Your passport photos.
- Completed health check report.
- Name and Address.
Office Locations & Contacts
Transport Licensing Board
Plot 1 Old Port Bell Road
P.O.Box 23914 Kampala, Uganda.
Phone : + 256 414 320 101/9, +256 414 236 646
email : email@example.com
Website :Ministry of works and transport
Ministry of Works and Transport
Off Jinja Road/ Old Port Bell Rd,
P.O. Box 7174,
General Phone: +256 414-320135/0414-321364
Minister of State (Works): 0414-349487
Minister of State (Transport): 0414-320026
Permanent Secretary: 0414-259322
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279, Kampala
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
Website: Uganda revenue authority
All Uganda Owners of Bicycle.
No fees for registration .
Registration of a Bicycle is Valid Forever until the owner decides to sale the Bicycle.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Within 2 hours
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Government Act, Cap. 243 Regulation 13 (g) provides that Local Government Revenues shall consist of bicycle licenses revenues.
- The bicycle License is not collected by the local government as the law stipulates as this only remains on paper but not enforced on any one and thus nobody pays this revenue in Uganda.
- Name of the owner
- Information about the Bicycle (type, model, horse power)
- Residential address of the applicant
- Nationality of the applicant
- Tin number and password
Need for the Document
Registering a Bicycle is not a legal requirement for all owners though the law stipulates in the Local Government Act, Cap. 243 of the Uganda laws, this is only done to prove that one is the legal owner of the Bicycle.
Information which might help
- As of now the bicycle Licence is eliminated as it serves no regulatory purpose.
- There is no enforcement put in place by the local governments to this effect.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.