Uganda - Apply for Basket Fishing Licence (permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A basket fishing permit can be obtained from Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and fisheries.
- A Basket fishing permit shall be subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by the Chief Fisheries Officer.
- Any applicant who fishes with a basket in the waters of Lake Edward, Lake George or the Kazinga Channel unless he or she is in possession of a valid basket licence commits an offence against ordinance Act.
- An applicant authorized by the Chief Fisheries Officer to fish with a basket shall be advised by the same Officer on—
- compliance with fishing laws by Beach Management Units, persons or entities engaged in fishing activities;
- the number of licence and permits required to be issued for a water body; and
- areas of biodiversity concern
- Fill up the appropriate application form as described by the Ministry of agriculture animal industry and fisheries.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip to the fisheries Officer in charge of the area.
- Collect your Basket Fishing permit from where your application was submitted within a day from the date the application was received at ministry of Agriculture in case there is no rejection.
- Investment licence (copy)
- Curriculum vitae (copy) of technical staff
- Environmental Impact assessment certificate (copy)
- HACCP manual (copy)
- GMP Manual
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries(MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
Applicant to be eligible should be citizens engaging in fish activities in order to be issued with fish Basket permit.
- Application 10,000/=
- Basket Fishing Licence 20,000/=
A licence or permit issued under basket fishing is valid only for the activity for which it is issued.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 1 day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- No person shall borrow or make use of basket licence/permit issued to any other person, and any person who borrows or makes use of such a licence commits an offence and is liable for each offence on conviction to a fine not exceeding one thousand shillings.
- Full name of owner
- Age and sex:
- Name of Beach Management Unit:
- Purpose of the application:
- Attach BMU recommendation
- Attach photograph and copy of any identification
- Type of the Boat
- Length of the boat
- Type and number of fishing appliances
- Type of fishing species targeted
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.