Uganda - Apply for Approval of Veterinary Laboratory
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
A veterinary clinical center, veterinary hospital or an ambulatory service that has been licensed to operate shall not be required to make a separate application for its own in-house laboratory.
- A person intending to operate a veterinary laboratory shall, before commencing such operation, apply to the Uganda Veterinary Board for approval.
- The individual should approach the Uganda Veterinary Board Offices and be issued with an Application for Approval for a Veterinary Laboratory to fill and submit.
- The application form can also be down loaded from their website through the following External Link
- The applicant has to make sure he or she has all the required documents that are required for this process to be successful. A list of these documents can be found under the "Required Documents" section of this page or at UVB registration requirements page.
- The Uganda veterinary Board shall upon receipt of the application, cause an inspection to be conducted of the veterinary laboratory. This is usually one day after the submission of the application and is done only once.
- You will be required to pay the appropriate inspection fees and submit the payment receipt. The amount of fees to be paid can be found under the "Fees" section of this page.
- If the board is satisfied that the applicant complies with the standards set out in regulations, the board will advise the applicant to pay the licensing fees. The amount of fees to be paid can be found under the "Fees" section of this page.
- After payment of the requisite fee, the board will approve the application and issue a license. The license issued shall be valid for a period of one year calculated from the date of issue.
- The license may be cancelled at any time when the Board establishes a breach of any provisions of these Regulations.
- Registration certificate as a Veterinary surgeon
- Academic and qualification certificate of veterinary surgeon
- Registration certificate of the Veterinary laboratory
- Evidence of payment of prescribed fees
- Registration document from professional association of veterinary
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Veterinary Board
Plot 76, Buganda Road, Kampala
P. O. Box: 16540 Kampala Uganda
Email: [email protected]/ [email protected]
Website:Uganda Veterinary Board
Institutions or Individuals wishing to engage in/ run a Veterinary laboratory
- Application fees. 30,000
- Fees for registration
- Vet Surgeon, Ugshs 100,000
- Registration of veterinary clinics Ugshs. 200,000
- Private Veterinary Clinics Licence Ugshs. 250,000
- Registration of Veterinary Hospital Ugshs 250,000
- Inspection fees 80,000
- Periodic inspection for registered clinics 80,000
The license is valid for a period of one year.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Inspections are done 1 day after approval of application.
- Licensing is done 7 days after inspection and approval
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the applicant
- Practice name
- Tel/Mobile number
- Location Premises of practice
- Town of practice
- Services to offer in practice
- Presiding Doctor
- veterinary surgeon registration No
- Date of application
Need for the Document
- Veterinary laboratories should be approved with the Uganda Veterinary Board in order to carry out their operations in Uganda.
- This helps to curb sub-standard facilities which spring up and lower the standards of veterinary laboratory services in Uganda.
Information which might help
The Veterinary Act defines Veterinary Practice as:-
- prevention of an infectious or organic disease or pathological condition;
- performance of a surgical operation on an animal;
- dispensing or administration of veterinary medicines on animals;
- giving of any treatment, advice, training, research, consultancy services, diagnosis or attendance and other related veterinary services;
- inspection of foods of animal origin for purposes of food safety;
- provision of animal welfare services
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.