Uganda - Apply for Animal Transfer Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Any person wishing to transit live animals or animal products through the Republic of Uganda shall make a written application to the Department of Animal Resources at least 3 days prior to a transit.
- The applicant must attach an import permit from the destination country to confirm that his/her Animal goods are duly authorized to enter that country.
- The applicant shall also attach a veterinary health certificate attesting to the health status of the animal, and/or safety of the products, an invoice, packing list, Air waybill/Bill of Lading and any other relevant document.
- If all is deemed safe, the Directorate for Animal Resources shall authorize the transit by issuing a transit permit.
- The Veterinary Inspector at the port of entry/exit shall perform a general inspection on the health of all live animals or animal products in transit. Where necessary, goods/products shall be disinfected in accordance to the international guidelines of the OIE before permission to transit to the next country.
- The transit live animals or animal products may be moved to quarantine facilities if considered necessary. The owner shall be responsible for all expense incurred
- In the case of pets, a copy of the document proving ownership of the pet (name and address of pet owner) shall be presented.
- Application form
- Import permit
- Veterinary health certificate
- An invoice
- Animal packing list
- Air waybill/ Seaport landing bill
- Bill of Lading
- Report on general inspection on the health of all live animals
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Department of Animal Resources.
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006/+256-414-322026
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website: http://agriculture.go.ug/directorate of fisheries resources
- All Foreigners and Resident of Uganda with a Animal pass or Animal transfer license are Eligible.
- Foreigner tourist must have a tourist visa.
- Issuance of animal transfer licenses or permits is contingent upon the payment of a fee.
- Criteria to determine the amount of fees to be paid to the licensing authorities vary.
A Licence issued under this Act is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Processing takes 3 months to Six Months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full name of owner
- Age and sex.
- Name of BMU.
- Purpose of the application.
- Company name.
- BMU recommendation.
- Photograph and copy of any identification.
- Name of Authorized Licensing Officer.
- Nationality /No./Passport No
- Mailing Address
- Telephone No.
- Business Location: Name of Building/Place
- Details of Animal truck carrier
- Type of Truck (5 or 10 tone others).
- Type of hull
- Overall Length
- Engine Type (Fuel)
- Intended animal transfer Area
- Proposed Methods Used
- Declaration form
- Vehicle inspection certificate
- Copy of annual return
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.