Uganda - Apply for Alteration of Particular on a Motor Vehicle
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
How to apply
Note: that the process is only done online and to apply for Alteration you must have a new registration book in your names.
- Visit the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) web portal and Login to your TIN account using TIN and password. Under e-services, Point on Motor Vehicles registration then select applications from the extended menu. You could also use the information in following link to follow the process : Online Process to Follow
- Under form type select new form then Purpose of Application as Alteration.
- Enter vehicle number and check box alters vehicle details and checks the field you want to alter
- Click on Vehicle Details page and edit the details you want to change.
- Select the attachments and go to the payment Registration page and click on Register Payment. Details of Alteration fees will Auto populate, select bank and payment mode then submit the application.
- Upon submission, you will get an e-acknowledgment receipt. Scroll down the page to print the receipt, print the form and payment slip.
- Make payments in the selected bank and submit application to Licensing office for approval with attachments.
- URA will notify you about your application status within 2 working days after receiving all the necessary information.
- Alteration forms signed the applicant and stamped in case of companies
- The receipt for inspection and form fees
- The original logbook of the vehicle
- Verification report of the vehicle details done by the URA staff or officer
- Receipt or report from the weight bridge in case the weight are changing (optional)
- Copy of the identification card of the applicant (ID card)
- Payment slip for alteration fees of all particular selected
Office Locations & Contacts
UGANDA REVENUE AUTHORITY
P. O. Box 7279 Kampala Uganda
Telephone (0417) 442054, 442055, 443150 Fax: (0414)334419
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web portal: Link
URA TOLL FREE HELPLINE: 0800117000
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) branch offices
Offices to access validate services in Uganda (where to access the service)
- All owners of motor vehicle that are registered in Uganda by the Uganda revenue authority (URA)
Item : Alteration per field
Cost : UGX 20,000
Item : Alteration of van to PSV
Cost : UGX 172,000
Item : Form Fees
Cost : UGX 12,000
Item : Inspection Fees for motor cars and dual purpose vehicle
Cost : UGX 12,000
Item : Inspection fees for other motor vehicles
Cost : UGX 10,000
Item : Inspection fees for motor cycle
Cost : UGX 7,000
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
URA will notify you about your application status within 2 working days after receiving all the necessary information.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
The process is only done online and to apply for Alteration you must have a new registration book in your names.
- Full name of the applicant/owner
- National identification document of the applicant k
- Taxation identification number (TIN)
- Vehicle registration number
- Inspection report
- Detail of the vehicle
Need for the Document
- This is a process where a taxpayer changes the already registered particulars of a Motor Vehicle, Trailer and Engineering Plant to different ones through the Uganda revenue authority (URA)
- The taxpayer can alter Colour, Size of Tyres, Weights, Engine, etc.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.