Uganda - Apply for Air Navigation Service Provider Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Air navigation service provider certificate the applicant has to contact, Uganda Civil Aviation Authority.
- The applicant has to make sure that he/she has all the required documents that are required for this process to be successful and should be accompanied by—
- The applicant’s Manual of Air Navigation Service Operations.
- a written statement setting out the services and locations at which they shall be provided;
- the safety management system manual;
- the quality management system manual;
- the procedures to meet the requirements of the Civil Aviation (Security) and National Civil Aviation Security Programme;
- a written statement on financial capability to provide the service where applicable;
- the insurance policy in force in relation to the services provided; and.
- fees as prescribed by the Authority.
- When all the conditions have been met, and have been satisfactorily certified by the Authority’s Licensing Office, the applicant will be advised to pay the prescribed fees found under the "Fees" section of this page or Fees Charges
- After paying the prescribed fees, the Authority shall, before issuing a certificate, be satisfied that—
- the personnel of the applicant are adequate in number and have the necessary competency to provide the service;
- the Manual of Air Navigation Service Operations prepared and submitted with the application contains all the relevant information;
- the facilities, services and equipment are established in accordance with the set Regulations;
- the operating procedures make satisfactory provision for the safety of aircraft;
- an acceptable safety management system is in place;
- an approved quality management system is in place;
- the applicant meets the requirements of the Civil Aviation (Security) Regulations, and National Civil Aviation Security Programme;
- the applicant has financial capability to provide the service; and
- the applicant has insurance policy in force in relation to the services provided.
- the Authority may set any other conditions as may be deemed necessary.
- The Authority may issue Air Navigation service operations certificate subject to compliance with the Regulations set above and any other condition as may be specified or notified by the Authority.
The Authority may refuse to grant a certificate to an applicant and where the Authority refuses, it shall notify the applicant in writing, of the reasons for the refusal, not later than fourteen days after making that decision.
First time applicant
- A written statement on financial capability to provide the service where applicable.
- A written statement setting out the services and locations at which they shall be provided.
- The applicant’s Manual of Air Navigation Service Operations.
- The insurance policy in force in relation to the services provided.
- The procedures to meet the requirements of the Civil Aviation (Security) Regulations, 2014 and National Civil Aviation Security Programme.
- The quality management system manual.
- The safety management system manual.
- The manual of air navigation service operations if significant changes have been made following the initial certification.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Aviation Authority
Airport Road Entebbe International Airport
P.O. Box 5536 Entebbe, Uganda
+256 312/414 352000
Email Address: email@example.com
A person shall not provide air navigation services unless—
- he or she holds a certificate issued under the Civil Authority Regulations; and
- the services are provided in accordance with—
- the requirements prescribed by the Authority; and
- the procedures specified in the Manual of Air Navigation Service Operations.
|Aircraft weight (Kg)||charge per flight|
|Up to 200||$10|
Validity: 2 Years A certificate shall be valid for a period of two years from the date of issuance, unless surrendered, suspended or cancelled in accordance with the Regulations.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 30 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Upon expiry of the period, air navigation service provider shall not provide the services unless authorized to do so by the Authority.
- The holder of a certificate shall display the certificate or a copy of the certificate, in a conspicuous place, generally accessible to the public at the holder’s principal place of business.
- A holder of a certificate shall keep at least one approved copy of the manual at the principal place of business.
- services to be provided;
- personnel requirements and their responsibilities;
- training and performance assessment of staff and how that information is tracked;
- Safety Management System and Quality Management System;
- contingency plans developed for part or total system failure;
- compliance with the Civil Aviation (Security) Regulations, as required;
- facilities and equipment and how they are installed and maintained;
- fault and defect reporting;
- maintenance of documents and records;
- search and rescue responsibilities and co-ordination, operations, plan and procedures;
- the proposed hours of service;
- systems and procedures in the provision of air navigation services; and
- any other information requested by the Authority
- Operations Statistics.
- Audited Accounts for the financial year
- Insurance including third party liability
- Air Operators Certificate
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
A manual of Air Navigation Services Operations shall contain all information and instructions necessary to enable the personnel of air navigation service provider perform their duties.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.