Uganda - Apply for Abattoir Licence -Municipality
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for a butcher’s Licence shall be made to the Authority in the form prescribed by the Butchers law as set by the Ordinance.
- The Licensing authority may deem necessary to visit the proposed abattoir/slaughterhouse to verify the relevancy and compliance with the set Animal Slaughterhouse standards of the Authority.
- The Authority shall not issue a butcher’s Licence referred to in Act unless the applicant produces a certificate from a medical officer of health stating that the premises in respect of which the Licence is required meet the requirements under the set Ordinance.
- No premises shall be used as a butcher’s shop unless they are licensed by the Council/Municipality in the form prescribed in the Ordinance.
- Pay relevant fees, depending on the type of slaughterhouse operation and attach a copy of the pay slip from the Bank on the application.
- Submit the application along with all required documents, a map location and temporary site plan to city, municipality or town Authority near your Location.
- Once approved by the Authority abattoir Licence shall be issued to the applicant.
- A person shall not, within the boundaries of the Council/Municipality, slaughter an animal or bird in a slaughterhouse except with the permission of the Council.
- Clearance from Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives for non-nationals.
- For new business - original certificate of registration (Business name) OR certificate of incorporation (Company) - Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Directorate of Animal Resources/Commissioner for Animal Health
Department of Animal Health.
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 004 /+256-414-322026
Website: Ministry of Agriculture
Website: of fisheries resources
Kampala Capital City Authority-Head Office
Plot 1-3 Sir Appolo Kaggwa Road
Tel: +256 204 660000, +256 414 581294
Physical Address: Plot 1-3 Sir Appolo Kaggwa Road
Postal Address: PO BOX 7010 Kampala, Uganda
City: Kampala Capital City
Website:Kampala City Council Authority
Or Contact your Municipal Council offices across the country Municipal Regional Offices
Municipal council Headquarters Offices spread across the country.
Gulu Municipal Council HQ
C/O District Local Government Airport road
P.O.BOX 201 Gulu
Phone: +256 751000910
Email Address: Gulumnc@gmail.com
Mbarara Municipal Council HQ
Council Building (White House)
District Local Government Plot No,12 Galt Road,Mbarara
P. O. Box 290, Mbarara, Uganda.
Phone: +256 485420955
Jinja Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Busoga Square
P.O Box 720, Jinja, Uganda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entebbe Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Circular Road, Plot 2A Entebbe.
P.O Box 32 Entebbe, Uganda
Phone: +256 772 489 466
Email Address: email@example.com
Bushenyi District Local Government
District Local Government Mbarara - Kasese road.
P.O Box 01 Bushenyi, Uganda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lira Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Lira - Gulu Road.
P.O.Box 49, Lira, Uganda
Phone: +256(0473) 420219
Website: Office Locations
Kasese District Local Government
District Local Government Rukooki, Kasese
P.O Box 250, Rukooki, Kasese, Uganda
Phone: +256 392888974
Email Address: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitgum Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Achua County Kitgum
P.O Box 28,Kitgum, Uganda
Website : Website
Mubende District Local Government
District Local Government Mubende town
P.O Box 93,Mubende Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com
Hoima Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Hoima, Kampala Road
P.O.Box 149, Hoima, Uganda
Phone: +256 772 566776
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kira Municipal Council
P.O Box 25749, Kampala, Uganda
Nansana Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Nansana Town Wakiso
P.O Box 7218, Kampala Uganda
Phone: +256 702 459893, +256 704 308272
Email Address: email@example.com
Masaka Municipal Council HQ
District Local Government Plot 11 Elgin Street
P.O.BOX 201 Masaka
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
All individuals and agencies dealing in animal and bird slaughter in a slaughterhouse in Uganda are eligible for the abattoir Licence.
- (a) Grade I - 150,000 Ugshs
- (b) Grade II - 97,500 Ugshs
- (c) Grade III - 60,000 Ugshs
- (d) Grade IV - 39,000 Ugshs
A Licence issued under this ordinance is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 1 Day
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
A Licence issued under this ordinance shall not be transferable.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.