Uganda - Apply Minor Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill in Forms A ans B with LC endorsement, which can be obtain from the nearest Immigration Office to your place.
- Attach written letter of consent from the parents addressed to the Passport Control Officer.
- If child is adopted, also attach adoption order from High Court of Uganda.
- Attach a copy of child's birth certificate and parent's passport or Identification.
- Four colored passport size photos (white background) must also be submitted along with the forms and supporting documents.
- Obtain a bank payment advise forms from the cash office and pay the passport application fee in a prescribed bank.
- Present bank return and application to receiving section.
- You may pick up the minor's passport after ten working days.
- Filled in Forms A and B
- Written letter of consent from the parents addressed to the Passport Control Officer.
- If child is adopted, attach adoption order from High Court of Uganda.
- Copy of child's birth certificate.
- Copy of parent's passport or Identification documents.
- Four colored passport size photos (white background)
- Bank return (payment of the application fee)
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Email Enquiry Form: http://www.immigration.go.ug/content/contact-us
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
- Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
- RDC / Administration building: Masaba Road
Masindi Passport Center
- Masindi Town
Hoima Passport Center
- Kampaya House: Old Fort-portal Road, Hoima town
Mbarara Regional Office
- Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
Masaka Regional Office
- Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
Jinja Regional Office
- Administration block: Busoga Square
Mubende Regional Office
- RDC building
Fortportal Regional Office
- Administration Block: Boma Road
Lira Regional Office
- District Chambers Building: Dr. Obote Avenue
Mityana Regional Office
- RDC building
Kampala Main Passport Office
- American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)
Citizen of Uganda
Passport Application fee - 82,000 Uganda shillings
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- To download forms:http://www.immigration.go.ug/downloads/test-downloads
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
You may be able to pick up the passport after ten working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Only the Government of Uganda through the Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Control Uganda is the one in charge of processing and issuing passports. The main Passport office can be found at the Ministry of Internal Affairs Plot 75, Jinja Road.
Passport applications may also be processed through the Immigration regional offices.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document, issued by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for travel abroad. It contains information about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.
This document does not in itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor consular protection while abroad nor any other privileges. However, it does normally allows the passport holder to return to the country where the passport was issued.
Rights to consular protection arises from international treaties, while the holder's return to the issuing country depends on the laws prevailing in that country.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Republic of Uganda Ministry of Internal Affairs, Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration Website: http://www.immigration.go.ug/page/uganda-travel-document
- Frequently asked questions: http://www.immigration.go.ug/faq
More information which might help people.