Uganda - Apply Minor Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain application form G from the passport control office in your region of residence and fill it, this should be done with the parents, guardians or responsible authority of the minor.
- Write a consent letter as the responsible person for the minor addressed to the passport control office.
- Visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc. and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications(UGX 250,000 for ordinary processing plus UGX 150,000 as Express Service fee), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000. And obtain the receipt of payments.
- Fill all the prepared documents including those mentioned in “required documents” below in a manila file folder and visit the ministry of internal affairs or any passport control office or regional immigration office in your location.
- At the office present you documents in the manila file to the passport control officer at the passport section.
- The officer will verify the information you have presented and present you application for processing.
- Collect your passport in Person after ten working days (normal passport applications) or two (2) working days (for Express Passport Applications) from the point where you submitted the application, unless advised otherwise by an Immigration Officer. You will be required to present your Receiving Slip and identifications at the time of collecting your passport at the Passport Delivery Office.
Applications from Abroad
- Applications can be done from abroad by visiting the nearest Ugandan embassy to make an application. Note the deferent embassies have deferent protocols so it’s advisable to contact them in advance before your physical visit.
- Filled application Form G.
- Written consent letter from parents addressed to the Passport Control Officer.
- If child is adopted, attach adoption order from High Court of Uganda.
- Attach copy of child's birth certificate.
- Attach copy of parent's passport and National ID.
- Attach 4 colored passport size photos taken against a white background.
- Attach payment receipt issued after payment from the bank.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs:
Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Box 7191/7165, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Website: Ministry of internal affairs
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Regional offices: Regional offices List
All embassies and Consulates: Uganda embassy
- All Ugandan citizens that have legal authority and responsibility for a minor can apply for a passport on behalf of the minor.
Fees are as follows
- Ordinary passport cost 250,000 shs
- Express service at 150,000 shs
- Official/service passport cost 400,000 shs
- Diplomatic passport cost 500,000 shs
- Certification of passports 30,000 shs
- Courier service for applicants abroad 10,000 shs
- 10 years
Documents to Use
- From G:
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 10 working days normal application
- 2 working days for express service
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Applications must be made personally, applications made from middlemen will not be accepted unless its application is for a minor which will be made by the parents of responsible authority
- Applicant’s details
- Residential Address
- Details of Origin
- Citizenship details
- Spouse details
- Parent’s details
- Next of Kin Contacts
Need for the Document
- Passports are required when want to make international travels and applications travel visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Passports can be used as prove of Identity
More information which might help people.