Uganda - Apply For a Mineral Movement Permit.
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Mineral Movement Permit can be obtained from Ministry of Energy and mineral Development under the directorate of geological survey and mines department.
- Fill up the appropriate application Form XI as described by the Ministry of Energy and mineral Development.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee
- Submit the dully filled in form and attached with pay slip to the directorate of geological Survey and mines Officer or chief administrative officer in charge of the district.
- Collect your Mineral Movement permit from where your application was submitted within 21 days from the date the application was received at Directorate or District CAO’s office in case there is no rejection.
- Attach regulations for storage of minerals.
- Mineral rights /an agent in charge of operations.
- Mineral dealers Licence Number
- Types of minerals to be moved.
- Purposes of the Mineral.
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines
Address:Plot 21-29,Johnstone Road
P.O. Box 9,Entebbe,Uganda
Phone:+256 414 320656,+256 312 262902
Email :[email protected]
Website:Directorate of Geological survey Mines
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
Amber House,Plot 29/33,Kampala Road
Telephone•+256 414 344 414
Fax:+256 414 234 732 or+256 414 230 220
Website:Ministry of Energy and Minerals
Anyone / company registered, has a Mineral for movement and has completed all the requirements can be eligible.
Total fees vary basing on what is being Moved, quality, quantity and the documents required for instance.
- Certificate of registration / Incorporation fees depend on the nature of Minerals.
- Price for Mineral Movement permits vary; for instance
- Mineral Export Permit for Precious Stones is 10% of value, Industrial/Construction is 30,000 per ton expect Minerals Granite is 10,000 per ton and Base Metals is 5% of Export Value.
- Phytosanitary Certificate Fee per Consignment-Ugshs.2,000
- Quality Assurance Certificate Fee-Depends on minerals being certified
- Certificate of Analysis Fee-Depends on nature of analysis of the Mineral.
- Fumigation Certificate Fee-Depends on Mineral being fumigated
As long as one has all the requirements, Mineral Movement permit has no validity period.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 21 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Type of mineral to be moved
- Quantity*Mineral Right/Mineral
- Dealer’s Licence Number
- Location or area (village, parish, sub-county or district)
- Mineral(s)to be moved
- Purposes of the mineral
- Royalty due paid/secured.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.