Uganda - Apply For a Fishing Vessel Permit or License.
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply in Person:
- Obtain the application form for Fishing Vessel Permit from Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and Fisheries.
- Fill the application form and submit it to Department of Fisheries and Natural resources at the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee. Note that Payments can be made by cash, cheque or credit cards i.e. Visa or MasterCard and if you are paying by cheque please make payment to the Accountant General.
- The department of Fisheries and Natural Resources will verify your application and approve it for license.
- Then the license will be processed and issued to you.
- Complete application form
- Identification documents
- Please contact the Department of Fisheries and Natural Resources for any additional documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.(MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
- Issuance of fishing Vessel Permit is contingent upon the payment of a fee.
- Applicant to be eligible should be operating Fishing Vessel.
Licence Fees: 20,000Ugshs.
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing Time 7 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Conditions for fishing Vessel:
- All fishing vessels must have a fishing vessel license to fish in Uganda waters.
- A Uganda fishing vessel license identification flag must be flown on the starboard side of the vessel whenever it is engaged in any fishing activities and the flags must be returned to the Department of Fisheries and Natural Resources before departure from Uganda.
- Vessels may be inspected by officers of the Department of Fisheries and Natural Resources at any time.
- Fishing vessels may engage in offshore pelagic fishing only. Fishing on the Uganda platform is not permitted at any time.
- Owners/operators are required to record and submit catch and release data on their fishing.
- The landing of any marlin must be reported to the Marine Management Section at |Fisheries department as soon as the fish has been boated so that the fish can be inspected by Fisheries Officers. However,efforts must be made to release all fish that are not of a size to be potential record breakers.
- Vessel Name
- Registration number
- Captain’s name
- Permanent and local contacts
- Crew members
- Vessel Description
- Declaration and signature
Need for the Document
- The fishing License, allows vessels to fish in Uganda waters as per required by law.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.