Uganda - Apply For Ornamental Fish Licence (Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Ornamental Fish permit can be obtained from Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and fisheries.
- Submit a written request for an ornamental permit to the Fisheries resource manager at the directorate of fisheries Ministry of Agriculture animal and Fisheries.
- The applicant who engages in the selling or possessing of ornamental fish, shall apply for an ornamental fish permit at MAAIF.
- A person, who engages in the selling or possessing of ornamental fish, shall apply for an ornamental fish permit at a fee prescribed by the Council.
- Fish Species must not be listed as endangered and must meet council’s requirements (where applicable). This must be indicated in the written application request.
- Fill up the appropriate application form as described by the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industries and Fisheries.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee and attach all documents required.
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip and other relevant documents for approval at the directorate of fisheries Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and fisheries.
- Obtain approval from the directorate of fisheries under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and Fisheries. for ornamental species such as goldfish, Japanese Higoi and Carp a special permit is required from the Fisheries department.
- Some ornamental fish species have been listed as prohibited or notifiable in Uganda, while other species are listed as prohibited for importation into Uganda.
- Collect your Ornamental fish permit certificate from where your application was submitted within 7 days from the date the application was received at ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and fisheries if there is no rejection.
- Any person who sells or possesses ornamental fish without a valid permit commits an offence.
- Any person who cultivates ornamental fish with a view to sale in a facility that holds 10,000 litres or more must hold an aquaculture permit.
- A National Identification Card.
- Fishing licence
- Ornament Fish details
- Special pass for ornament Fish
- Good details of the fish processing
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.(MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
To be Eligible,one has to possession an ornament fish production unit (factory) that is designed and approved for fish and fish product processing in Uganda
Issuance of ornamental fish permit is contingent upon the payment of a fee. Criteria to determine the amount of fees to be paid to the licensing authorities vary.
A licence issued under this Act is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 2 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- A person shall not fish using any chemicals or toxic substances in waters in the Council’s jurisdiction.
- A person who contravenes ornament fish permit section commits an offence.
- Provide information such as ornamental species.
- Intended use of ornamental fish
- State of health of ornamental fish
- Information on Quarantine measure
- Information on quarantines in case the specie do not occur in watershed.
- Information on ornamental fish production Facility ponds,
- Information on types of ornamental fish species
- Evidence of adherence to all the quarantines,
- Number of species
- Original species
- Final destination
- Number of species
- Purpose for which the ornamental fish is required
- The Fishing licence,
- The ornamental Fish equipment
- The transports during the ornamental Fish transfer period,
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- According to the Fish Act,there is a list of fish species declared as Prohibited in Uganda.
- It is illegal to possess, buy, sell or move any fish listed as Prohibited Matter in Uganda.
- Heavy penalties apply for non-compliance. In addition, Directorate of Fisheries department has the power to seize and require the destruction of these pests.
- Under Fish Act ordinance Regulations there is a further list of pest fish species that are notifiable and are illegal to possess, buy, sell or move in Uganda.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.