Wikiprocedure > India > Maharashtra > Thane

Thane - Apply for Conversion of Land (Agricultural to Non-Agricultural Land, Certificate)

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search



This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Conversion of Land (Agricultural to Non-Agricultural Land, Certificate) in Thane.

Apply In-Person:

  1. Any person intending to carry out any land development in the non-planning area shall apply to the respective office of the concerned designated local authority (Municipality / Town Panchayat / Village Panchayat) in which the land is situated.
  2. Link for the office contact details: link in the given page please select the respective local body to get a new page. Please use the contact us menu / option to get respective contact details and Link1 and For districts Link2 Please select the respective district map to reach a new page for the selected district. Here, please select “ABOUT DISTRICT > Who’s Who” menu option for contact details and Panchayat please use the excel sheet hyperlink against your state for contact details.
  3. Please go to the respective office and enquire with the information counter or the clerk at the office to know the section/authority designated for this process. Consult with the designated authority about the applying procedure for this certificate.
  4. Collect the application form or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
  5. Complete the application form. Attach all the required documents as per our “Required Documents” section of this page and submit it to the designated receiving authority as advised in triplicate.
  6. After receiving the application, authorities will check the submitted application and document set. If all are in place, the application will be accepted. Please pay the non-refundable scrutiny fee as applicable, and don’t forget to take the receipt.
  7. Authorities will make entries about this application in the manual record or electronically using the computer. A record number will be given as acknowledgement for receipt of the application form. Please collect it and keep it safe for future reference.
  8. Applicant will be informed of the probable date of getting the certificate.
  9. The local authority, will process this application and forward this application to the concerned authority (director of the respective department) for their concurrence.
  10. ”SMS” triggered update on application status will be sent to the applicant’s mobile or applicant gets a call from the respective department about the application status.
  11. On a scheduled date, the concerned authority will inspect the premises and make verification of the facts as per the application form.
  12. Before providing the required concurrence, this application will be presented before the collector/the designated authority for prior concurrence in the case of the requested land is a wet land and a report from the joint director of agriculture/the designated authority in case of the requested land is a dry land.
  13. On the scheduled date as notified, the above said authorities will inspect the proposed site along with the deputy director of town and country planning / the concerned authority and also the other officials of the relevant departments as he/she deems necessary.
  14. Based on the inspection and evaluation, the collector shall give his/her prior concurrence to the director/the designated authority.
  15. The Director/ the designated authority, if satisfied with the prior concurrence, shall give the concurrence for the proposed development to the concerned local authority.
  16. The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS or through phone call.
  17. The local authority, on receipt of the concurrence of the director for the development, will announce the land use conversion charge at the rate of 3% (or the value fixed by respective state) as per the market value of the said property.
  18. Once notified, the applicant shall deposit the amount in government head of account or as advised by the local authority to get the approval for the permission to carry out the development.
  19. Please meet your local authority office once again and follow their guidelines to get the certificate.
  20. Applicant shall get the certificate from the local authority office, or it will be delivered as per the applicable norms.

  • The land use rule applies to all the areas in the respective state, except for those areas notified as planning areas by the respective state government.


Required Documents[edit]

  • Application form
  • Self-attested copy of documents (sale deed/lease deed/power of attorney)
  • Copy of detailed project report (DPR)
  • Certificate of ownership (obtained from the executive officer, town panchayat or commissioner, municipality/corporation in case of urban local bodies, as the case may be and in case of rural local bodies, certificate to be obtained from the block development officer (BDO) of block panchayats/ village panchayats as the case may be)
  • "FMB"/ Town Survey sketch or Patta/ Chitta/ Town Survey Land Records (TSLR) in owner’s name
  • Site plan in appropriate scale
  • Proposed layout/sub-division plan (in case of layout/subdivision proposal)
  • The “Topo” plan showing all existing developments surrounding the site for 500-metre radius (with marking of the water bodies)
  • Encumbrance certificate for 13 years issued not prior to 30 days from the date of submitting the application
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from railways as per requirement (if the site lies within a distance of 30 metre from railway property boundary)
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from urban or rural local bodies as per requirement (if the site lies within a distance of 90 metre from the boundary of burial ground/burning ground)
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from civil aviation department as per requirement
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from fire service department as per requirement
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from the coastal regulation zone (CRZ) as per requirement as per requirement
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from the principal chief conservator of forests as per requirement
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from the chief engineer (agricultural engineering) as per requirement
  • No objection certificate (NOC) from the assistant director/deputy director of geology and mining department as per requirement
  • Certificate from the local body or the licensing authority concerned (if the site lies within a distance of 300 metres from the boundary a live stone quarry or an abandoned stone quarry)
  • Certificate from the local body or the licensing authority concerned (if the site lies within a distance of 500 metres from the boundary of live stone crusher unit)
  • Legal opinion (in original) on the land ownership by government pleader/ additional government pleader/ special government
  • Affidavit of undertaking in Rs.20/- (or for the said value) stamp paper by the applicant about the ownership of land clearly stating the document-wise, survey number-wise extent of each survey number of land
  • If electric/telephone line passes through the site, undertaking in Rs.20/- (or for the said value) stamp paper for realignment
  • Structural stability certificate duly signed by the owner and including the architect & structural design engineer along with their seal and registration number. (in case of buildings other than ordinary building)
  • Certificate for structural design sufficiency, affidavit of undertaking by developer, architect, structural engineer about the structural stability aspects, certificate for effective supervision of the works, certificate for the work to be carried out as per structural safety requirements (in case of buildings other than ordinary building)
  • Sewage treatment plant details shown in the drawing or certificate of availability of underground drainage facility from the executive officer or commissioner in case of urban local bodies as the case may be, and in case of rural local bodies certificate of block development officer (BDO) of block panchayats / village panchayats, as the case may be (in case of buildings other than ordinary building)
  • Affidavit of undertaking in rs.20/- (or for the advised amount) stamp paper by the applicant about sufficient arrangement would be made by his own expenses through engaging a reputed firm for providing water supply and waste water disposal.(in case of buildings other than ordinary building)
  • Rain water harvesting system shown in the drawing as per requirement (in case of buildings other than ordinary building)
  • Solar water heating system shown in the drawing as per requirement (in case of buildings other than ordinary building)
  • Detailed drawing/plan including design calculations for the columns, beams and all structural members of the structure including the position of the columns as per requirement (in case of multi-storey buildings)
  • Complete report including relevant drawings obtained from a competent soil mechanics/geotechnical engineer of a reputed firm
  • Aadhaar card

  • All the plans and drawings shall be duly signed by the owner and the person preparing the plan.
  • If any of these above documents requires any applicable authorities report, please furnish as requested by local authorities while applying.
  • All original and copy of original with self-attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
  • Apart from the above mentioned documents, the authorities may ask the applicant to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

Revenue department,
Phone: 22813150
Email : [email protected]
Contact: Link

Rural Development & Panchayat Raj Department,
Phone: 22072042
Email: [email protected]

Directorate of Municipal Administration,
Government Transport Service Building,
3rd Floor, Sir Pochkhanwala Marg,
Worli, Mumbai,
Maharashtra, India.
Pin Code: 400030
Phone: 022-24927631
Contact: Link

Town & Country Planning Organisation,
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs,
Government of India,
‘E’ Block, Vikas Bhawan,
I.P. Estate, New Delhi – 110002.
Phone: +91-11-23370306, +91-11-23379353, +91-11-23379197
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Contact: Link


  • Any person intending to carry out any development in the non-planning area shall apply.
  • Those who develop agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes such as residential, commercial, industrial, or medical facilities are eligible to apply.


  • The applicant shall pay a non-refundable scrutiny fee of Rs.1,000/- (Rupees one thousand only)per plot to the local authority or pay as appropriate.
  • Please pay the charges as appropriate at the time of processing.
  • Authorities will provide fee details at the time of processing as per the size of the said property.
  • Please pay for the stamp charges as appropriate.


  • As the sanction is considered valid, this certificate is valid for the purpose for which the applicant applied for. There is no validity period applicable for such grants.

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

  • The whole procedure usually takes between three months to six months from the receipt of the application. It may extend if any objections arises.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver,
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url '' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.


  • The collector shall satisfy himself that the land in which development is proposed does not fall in any of the following categories, namely:-
    • Public water body like channel, canal, tank, lake, river, etc..
    • Government lands, temple lands and other lands belonging to religious/charitable institutions.
    • Vacant lands with any encroachment on a public road or street or on any other land over which the applicant does not possess ownership right.
    • Lands below the alignment of high tension and extra high voltage electric line, including tower lines.
    • Land which is fit for continuing the cultivation.
  • The permission may be refused only if the application is found to be against any of the provisions of the rules and guidelines.
  • Do not submit fake documents as a proof to obtain this certificate.
  • Incomplete application will be rejected.
  • Avoid spelling mistakes while filling the application form.
  • The collector shall ensure that due to the proposed development, the irrigation canals and distribution channels or the natural storm water drains or channels are not obstructed or affected and shall not lead to depletion of groundwater level of the area or inundation of nearby areas.

Required Information[edit]

  • Village/town panchayat/ municipality name
  • Survey number
  • Total land extent proposed for land development
  • Name of the Applicant
  • Address of the applicant
  • Email ID
  • Phone number
  • Date of application

Need for the Document[edit]

  • An agricultural land cannot be used for commercial, residential or industrial purposes without taking the required permission from the concerned authority for converting from agriculture to non-agriculture purposes in non-planning areas.

Information which might help[edit]

  • “Dry land” means the land registered in the revenue records of the Government as “dry‟.
  • “Layout” means division of land into plots by introducing a new road or street.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Place some external links which might help.


More information which might help people in Thane can be listed here.