Wikiprocedure > India > Maharashtra > Thane

Thane - Apply for Commencement Certificate (Plinth CC)

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search



This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Commencement Certificate (Plinth CC) in Thane.

Apply In-Person

  1. To apply for Commencement Certificate (Plinth CC) visit “MAHARASHTRA REAL ESTATE REGULATORY AUTHORITY”. The address and contact details of the office can be found in the following Contact Link.
  2. Visit the Office and get the application form to apply for commencement certificate (Plinth CC) from the relevant department.
  3. Please fill the application with essential information and details. And it should be attested by the applicant’s signature.
  4. Make sure that you have all the documents that are in the list of “Required Documents” section of this page. Attach all the important documents mentioned.
  5. Then, it should be submitted to the relevant authority. Also, pay the required fees for the application process at the office as directed by the officials. Please collect the acknowledgement slip for the paid fee. Keep it safe for future reference.
  6. Your application and attached documents will be sent for verification to check, if there is any discrepancy.
  7. After all the processes are completed, concerned officials will approve the application and proceed with the registration process.
  8. Once it is ready to be collected, office will inform the applicant to collect it through any applicable means.


Required Documents[edit]

  • Application in prescribed format
  • Verification report
  • Letter of Appointment of
    • Architect/Engineer
    • Structural Engineer
    • Licensed Plumber
    • Site Supervisor
    • Town Planner
    • Advocate
    • Consultant for conservation of energy/ Fire safety measures
  • Attested Registration of
    • Architect/Engineer
    • Structural Engineer
    • Licensed Plumber
    • Site Supervisor
    • Town Planner
    • Advocate
    • Consultant for conservation of energy/ Fire safety measures
  • Earthquake stability report from the Structural Engineer
  • Ownership Documents
  • Conveyance Deed/ Supplementary Lease deed/ Lease Agreement ( For leased property)
  • Registered irrevocable Power of Attorney from the non-applicant land owners in the name of applicant.
  • Affidavit/ undertaking by Owner
  • Copy of order with approved plan, whenever applicable
  • Remarks from Tehsildar Verification
  • Sketch copy of Village map, if applicable
  • Letter for demolition of existing structure, if applicable
  • 25 Latest site photographs All proposals
  • List of No Objection Certificates (NOC) required
    • NOC/Clearance from PWD
    • NOC/Clearance from Highway /MoRTH, if applicable
    • NOC/Clearance from Z.P, if applicable
    • NOC/Clearance from MSRDC, if applicable
    • NOC/Clearance from Railway Authority, if applicable
    • NOC from gram panchayat signed by gram sevak, if applicable
    • NOC from concerned person for deriving approach road from approved NA layout
    • NOC from Airport Authority of India/for Building height, if applicable
    • Self certification for no tree cutting/ Tree NOC
    • NOC from appropriate Authority of Electric Supply stating area requirement for concerned
    • NOC from appropriate Authority of water Supply/ GSDA
    • NOC from Chief Fire Officer, if applicable.
    • NOC/ clearance from Department of Explosives, if applicable.
    • NOC from Control Board and other Authorities concerned, if applicable
    • NOC from MMRDA, if applicable.
    • NOC / clearance from Forest Department, if applicable.
    • NOC from Tourism Dept., if applicable
    • NOC/Clearance from Heritage Conservation Committee, if applicable.
    • NOC from Irrigation Department, if applicable (for dev. around natural water courses)
    • NOC from concerned authority, if affected by transmission line/tower
    • NOC from Police - for religious use, if applicable
    • NOC from Industry dept/ Labour, if applicable
  • Any other NOC as may be required.
  • Payment receipt

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]

MAHARASHTRA Real Estate Regulatory Authority,
2nd & 3rd Floor,
RSIC Building ,
Udyog Bhavan,
Tilak Marg,
Jaipur- 302005.
Contact Details link


  • Any person who wishes to apply for commencement certificate (Plinth CC) can apply.
  • The shareholders of the land should possess a no objection certificate sworn before the Executive Magistrate and the other required No objection certificates must be obtained.
  • The certificate should obtain verification from all the required authorities.


Fee for this procedure can be paid as per authority’s request.


Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.
e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.

Related Videos[edit]

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications.
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites.
Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver,
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.gIn the following url '' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.


  • Please fill the application form with correct information and fill all the required columns.
  • Please submit the application to the concerned authority with the required documents attached.
  • Please produce all the required no objection certificates.
  • Kindly pay the required amount for the application process while submitting the application form at the office.

Required Information[edit]

  • Name and address of the organisation
  • Availability of the land
  • Contact details and email address
  • 25 Latest site photographs All proposals
  • Payment receipt number

Need for the Document[edit]

Any person who wishes to apply for Commencement certificate (Plinth CC) inside the state of MAHARASHTRA must possess Commencement Certificate (Plinth CC) obtained from “MAHARASHTRA REAL ESTATE REGULATORY AUTHORITY”.

Information which might help[edit]

  • As per Section 2(m) of the RERA Act, 2016, "commencement certificate" is the construction permit, which is generally issued by the competent authority that allows or permits the promoter to begin the development work, as per the sanctioned plan.
  • In order to begin a valid construction, the developer first needs to obtain the commencement certificate from the concerned local authorities of that particular state.
    • As per Section 4(2) (c) of the RERA Act, 2016, while filing an application for the registration of the project, the promoter shall enclose an authenticated copy of the approvals and commencement certificate from the competent authority obtained in accordance with the laws applicable for the real estate project.
    • A construction without this certificate shall be considered illegal and may attract penal proceedings. Therefore, must be aware of asking for this certificate before investing in any property as it indirectly questions your legal title to that property.
  • After the developer has submitted his plan for the project to the local authority, the municipal authority will begin conducting several preliminary checks to check whether it is suitable to grant the certificate.
  • The promoter should provide NOC (No-Objection Certificates) from relevant departments like the water department, sewage department, fire department, electricity department, etc.
  • This certificate is issued in 2 stages- first upto the plinth area and then finally for the superstructure.
  • After the inspection by the Town Planning and the Engineering departments and finally holding the required licenses and sanctions from the concerned departments, the certificate is issued.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Place some external links which might help.


More information which might help to make this process in Thane can be obtained below.

More information which might help people.