Taiwan - Obtain Household Registration Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To register your household for the first time, applicants must apply with the household registration office where he or she resides currently.
- Once registered, you may submit a request to obtain a Household Registration Certificate at the registry office.
- Pay for the certificate.
- Once your certificate is ready for pick up, you must personally collect your document. You may also instruct another person to claim your certificate by issuing a Letter of Proxy.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Hotline of Interior Affairs
No.5, Xuzhou Rd.,
Taipei City 10055,
Household Registration Offices in Taipei
Household Registration Office, Songshan District, Taipei City
4F,No.692,Sec.4, Bade Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Xinyi District, Taipei City
2F, No.15,Sec 5, Xinyi Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Daan District, Taipei City
1F, No.86, Sec. 2, Xinsheng S. Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Zhongshan District, Taipei City
2F, No. 367, Songjiang Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Zhongzheng District, Taipei City
4F, No. 8, Sec. 1, Roosevelt Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Datong District, Taipei City
3F-1,No.57 Changji St., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Wanhua District, Taipei City
4F,No.120, Sec.3, Heping W. Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Wenshan District, Taipei City
2F,No.220,Sec.3, Muzha Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Nangang District, Taipei City
4F, No.360, Sec. 1, Nangang Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Neihu District, Taipei City
3F, No. 99, Sec. 6, Minquan E. Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Shilin District, Taipei City
3F, No. 439, Zhongzheng Rd., Taipei City
Household Registration Office, Beitou District, Taipei City
3F, No.30, Xinshi St., Taipei City
- Initial issuance or national-wide replacement of Household Certificates: it can be claimed by the head of the household himself/herself or on delegation by others with a Letter of Proxy.
- Re-issuance or replacement of Household Certificates: it can be claimed by the head of the household himself/herself or on delegation by others with a Letter of Proxy at any household registration offices.
- Household certificate: 15 /Each sheet
- English household certificate: 100 /sheet for the first copy
- 15 /sheet for every additional copy of the same application
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The competent authorities in charge of the administration of household registration are the Ministry of the Interior (hereinafter referred to as MOI) in the central competent authority, the municipal governments in municipalities, and the county(city) governments in counties(cities).
The household registration is be made on household basis.
All members living together in a family or a place under the same managing person, or engaging in common businesses shall belong to one household, with the head of the household or the managing person as the head of the household. Who lives independently may constitute a household with himself/herself as the head of the household.
One person cannot be registered at two households.
For an Initial Household Registration, the applicant must apply with the household registration office where he or she resides currently.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how you can obtain a Household Registration Certificate in Taiwan.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- The Household Certificate lists all the members within the household and the head of the household is listed on the first column.
- The Household Certificate must be kept by the head of the household. When a household member is proceeding with household registration, the head shall provide the booklet and can't detain it.
More information which might help people.