Wikiprocedure > Taiwan

Taiwan - Apply for Certificate of Loss of Foreign Passport

From Wikiprocedure

Revision as of 09:40, 22 December 2017 by Wesley (talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


  1. To apply for a Certificate of Loss of Foreign Passport you will need personally submit an application to any of these offices:
    1. Foreign Affair Division (Section)
    2. Police Bureau of Municipal or County (City) Governments
    3. Aviation Police Bureau
    4. Harbor Police Bureau
  2. Application for minors may be made by father, mother or guardians in minors' behalf.
  3. Submit a completed application together with two front, bust photos and valid identification other than passport.
  4. Pay the application fee.
Ads by Google

Required Documents

  • Completed application
  • Two 2" front, bust photos
  • Identity evidencing documents other than passport

Office Locations & Contacts

National Immigration Agency

Contact information

Ads by Google


Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.


Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.


Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid.
e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever

Documents to Use

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Ads by Google

Sample Documents

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time

Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.

Related Videos

Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. 
Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. 	
Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation.
Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, 
sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube
width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed.
e.g In the following url '' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.

Ads by Google


Reporting a Loss Passport

Foreigners who loss passports may report the loss to nearby Foreign Affair Division (Section), Police Bureau of Municipal or County (City) Government or Alien Resident Division of Aviation Police Bureau in airports.

After you have reported the loss of your passport, take the record to make application to the foreign embassy (consulate) or representative in R.O.C. for to apply for a new passport or traveling document, then apply to the Police Bureau in the place of residence for exit permit.

The foreigners holding Alien Resident Certificate should also apply for change of the information of passport, then apply for reissuing the re-entry permit.

Applying for a Certificate of Loss of Foreign Passport

You may apply for a Certificate of Loss of Foreign Passport at the Foreign Affair Division (Section), Police Bureau of Municipal or County (City) Governments, Aviation Police Bureau or Harbor Police Bureau.

Required Information

A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure.
1. Date of Birth.
2. City or County of Birth.
Ads by Google

Need for the Document

Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate? 

Information which might help

Enter other informations which might help.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links

Handbook of Immigration Information for Foreign Spouses In Taiwan

Ads by Google
Ads by Google


More information which might help people.