Syrian Arab Republic - Obtain Police Clearance Certificate (Extract of Judicial Record)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applying process in Syrian Arab Republic for citizen and non citizen. (non-resident non-citizens cannot obtain a certificate.)
- a. Apply in person.
- Applicant shall apply for Police Clearance Certificate in person with “Criminal Security Department under ministry of interior”.
- Link for contact: link scroll down for the department information
- Go to the respective office. Application forms can be obtained from the office on visit. Don’t forget to take the required copy of documents along with originals to the office.
- Please follow as per authorities guidelines and submit the completed application along with documents. Applicant should pay for any charges if required as advised.
- This application will be processed by respective department.
- The certificate can be collected from the office where applicant applied in person upon notification or issued as per norms.
Applying process - overseas for citizen.
- A. Apply through embassy or consulate in person.
- Applicant can apply at their nearest embassy or consulate in person. Link to locate the embassy or consulate: link
- Applicant shasll apply in writing. Call the office and fix appointment for personal visit. Also find out the details for this procedure.
- On the scheduled date, go to the office with all the document in original and in copy. Please follow as per officer guidelines to process your application.
- This application will be processed by the respective department. The completed certificates are forwarded to the concern.
- Applicant shall collect the certificate with the respective office upon notification or can get it delivered as per norms applicable
- Valid identity document (identity card, passport, driving license).
- Valid passport.
- Citizen proof/Document of National Identity (DNI).
- A copy of your passport while living in Syrian Arab Republic.
- A copy of your permit of stay in Syrian Arab Republic, passport number and place of issue as well.
- Proofs of legal stay (copy of passport held during the said period with respective stamp and seal).
- Application form
- Valid citizen proof with photo (respective ID’s issued by respective nation).
- Email ID (useful to communicate issues with respect to your application)
- A self-addressed envelope with or without stamps (as required).
- Valid contact number (applicant can be communicated)
- Passport-size photos.
- Birth certificate (as per requirement).
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Interior,
Interior Services Forces,
Directorate of Criminal Security Department,
Criminal Records Branch, Judicial Records Division,
Merjeh Square, Damascus, SYRIA.
Contact details: link and link
- Applicant with valid passport and a valid address proof.
- Age: 16 years and above. In case of minors, the application must be submitted by the parent exercising parental authority, if the minor has not turned 16 years.
- The current address of the applicant must be same as in the passport and other supporting documents.
- Applicants who are in need of residential status, employment or long term visa or for immigration to a foreign nation.
- 100SP (Syrian pounds).
- Fee/charge varies for case to case. Updated fee requirement will be provided by respective authorities while applying.
Validity norms vary from country to country.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Same day while applying in person.
- 4 to 6 weeks for overseas application.
- Processing time varies with respect to the country from where applied.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the person, in case of change of name and surname and the original name or the original name or nickname if it is held.
- Date of birth.
- Identification number.
- Place and district of birth.
- State of Birth.
- Permanent address.
- The alien's country of birth.
- Name and surname of father
- Name and maiden name of mother
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information related to obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate in Syria.
Information which might help
Police clearance (Good Conduct) Certificate is an important document which serves as a proof that the person has no criminal record or previously involved in criminal, breach of trust cases or violation of law both in his home country and during his residence in Syria.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
This document can be used to prove that the person to whom the document has been provided is of good character. This document can be used while you are applying for a visa entry into any country and also for other purposes where you have to prove that you are of good character.
More information which might help people.