Spain - Obtain Child or Minor Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Procedure for the issue: The petitioners shall make themselves known in the issuing office request appointment, phone 902 247 364 or online at https://www.citapreviadnie.es with appropriate documentation, in all cases, even in the case of children of tender years.
To request the issuance of the passport there must be the physical presence of the person applying who is going to issue the payment in cash of the legally prescribed fee and submitting the required documents.
- When the person applying for the issue of passport is less than 14 years and was not in possession of national identity, not be required to obtain them, must provide a certified copy of birth certificate issued by the appropriate Civil Registry with a maximum advance six months before the filing date of the application for the passport and containing annotation has been issued for the sole purpose of obtaining this document. He also will have to provide the national identity of the persons exercising parental authority or guardianship, except of course in the latter case the same shall have been assumed by operation of law.
- Being foreign person exercising parental authority shall provide in addition to literal lacertificacin child's birth, the alien identification number or any other identification document issued by official authority.
- If the child has a passport issued by the Directorate General of Police, for which preparation and contributed to the registry that referred certification, you can choose to submit the previous passport or this certification.
- A recent photograph of the applicant size 32 x 26, color white, smooth and uniform background, taken from the front face without dark glasses or any other garment that prevents identification of the person. This photograph is not required if the applicant holds an ID card with less than two years old and there are no significant changes in appearance.
Office Locations & Contacts
All Spanish citizens have the right to obtain the ordinary passport unless there are in them some of the following circumstances:
- Having been sentenced to prison terms or security measures involving deprivation or limitation of freedom of movement and residence, while they have not extinguished unless granted permission by the competent judicial body.
- Have been agreed by the competent judge or court judgment some deprivation of liberty, or involves a ban on leaving the country except in the latter case, to obtain authorization from a judge or court that rendered the measure.
- When the judge or court has banned the departure of Spain, to issue the passport to the minor or legally incapacitated person in accordance with the provisions of the law.
- He reasoned that this right is limited by the Interior Ministry in the field of measures to be taken in the circumstances set out in the Organic Law 4/1981, of June 1, regulating the states of alarm, emergency and siege.
Obtaining passport by those citizens subject to parental authority or guardianship shall be subject to the express consent of the person or body who has assigned exercise or, failing that, the competent court.
Payment of the fee of 25.76 shall be in cash.
Passports issued to children under fourteen years living in Spain which have no national identity, have maximum validity until the child reaches that age, without, in any case, the term exceeds five years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- It is issued by the Police Headquarters and Police Stations to the Spaniards.
- BOTH parents will be required to sign passport applications for any child under the age of 18 in a new ruling by Spain's government.
- Passports for o children in Spain now require fingerprints and all will have electronic chips which can be scanned at passport control.
- The childs full names
- The childs parents full names
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Marital status
- Colour of eyes
- Religious name or artists pseudonym
- Current addresses and contact details
- Details of current Spanish passport/identity papers
- Signature of applicant
- Place of residence
Need for the Document
The Spanish regular passport for minors is a public document transferable staff, individually and issued by the competent bodies of the General State Administration, which certifies outside Spain, the identity and nationality of Spanish citizens unless proven otherwise, and within the country, the very circumstances of those Spanish non-residents.
Information which might help
Important Note: A minor must always be accompanied by persons exercising parental authority or guardianship These people have to prove both his identity (With Spanish DNI valid for travel or reside in Spain or foreign document) as the kinship guardianship or placement with the presentation of the literal birth certificate, marriage certificate, court or administrative decision conferring that condition or any other public document that guarantees the quality of guardian or holder of parental authority.
In cases of loss or theft of the passport, you must present such complaint made, or if you require renewal of the document, communicate to the expedition team at the time of renewal, meaning that the validity of the first duplicate it is issued in replacement shall be limited to the effective date had the lost or stolen. In the event of subsequent losses or subtraction of duplicate validity may be limited to six months.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Organic Law 1/1992 of 21 February on the Protection of Public Security (BOE no. 46, of 22 February), as amended by the Fourth Additional Provision of Organic Law 4/1997, of 4 August (BOE no. 186, 5 August) and Law 10/1999 of 21 April (BOE no. 96, 22 April).
- 896/2003 Royal Decree of 11 July, on the issue of ordinary passport is regulated and its characteristics (BOE no. 166, of 12 July) are determined.
- 411/2014 Royal Decree of 6 June, by which modifies the Royal Decree 896/2003. (BOE No 154 of 25 June)