Spain - Apply for Spanish Government Scholarship for International Students
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The application is submitted via online form through the website of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports. No need to provide documentation for the units responsible for the processing consult and obtain the corresponding administration all necessary data to verify that the general and economic requirements, academic meet. Only in certain very specific cases it must provide specific documentation that you specify in the form. However, any time the units responsible for the processing may require the submission of documentation related to your grant.
- High School, Vocational Training, Art Education and Sports, Official Language Schools and Masters, Degrees, Degrees and University Diplomas, among others.
- Recommendation letter
Office Locations & Contacts
As a foreign student, you are entitled to apply for certain kinds of grants to study in Spain. Here we give you information on some of the programmes that may be of interest to you.
When seeking a grant to study in Spain, remember that there are a wide variety of institutions that offer financial assistance for studying
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Some of these are reserved for foreigners residing legally in Spain (this is the case of most of the grants awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport: http://www.mecd.gob.es/servicios-al-ciudadano-mecd/catalogo-servicios/becas-ayudas-subvenciones/para-estudiar/universidad.html. In any event, remember always to check the requirements for each one).
A good option if you're planning to come and study in Spain is to look into the MAEC-AECID grants for foreigners offered by the Spanish Agency for International Cooperation and Development (a part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation).
These are awarded annually and are generally aimed at postgraduate students. The following link contains information on these grants and on others offered by this organisation.
To qualify for grants, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Owning Spanish nationality or, in the case of students from other nationalities, being a resident in Spain (with the specifications developed by the call).
- Not own at the time of application, a title of less than level studies for which the scholarship is sought.
- Gather the rest of academic and financial requirements specifying the call.
In addition to these general requirements, you must meet certain requirements listed below:
- Academic Requirements
- Financial Requirements
- Other requirements
Need for the Document
The Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport launches the campaign for scholarships every year. The scholarships are intended for all subsequent studies to compulsory education: High School, Vocational Training, Art Education and Sports, Official Language Schools and Masters, Degrees, Degrees and University Diplomas, among others. Fixed amounts for all eligible applicants:
- Basic Scholarship: 200
- A lump sum associated with the student's residence during the school year: 1.500
- Amount associated fixed income student: 1.500
Variable and different amounts for different applicants who qualify:
- The amount resulting from the weighting of the average grade of the student record and their household income and is calculated by applying formula apportionment (See Article 9 of the call)
- The variable amount to which the applicant is entitled shall be calculated at a later stage to determine, for all applicants, the amounts indicated in the previous section.
Information which might help
- Among the access requirements for these grants (MAEC-AECID for foreigners), you'll be expected to have a good knowledge of the Spanish language.
- The financial conditions offered may include a monthly stipend, in addition to accommodation in a university residence belonging to the MAEC-AECID Student Residence Foundation.
- These grants are aimed at foreign citizens over the age of 18 with higher university degrees (and in some programmes, at final year university students), with a distinguished record in particular activities.
- Interested candidates should be no older than 35 on the date they start the course.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
The deadline for applications is usually:
- September 30 for non-university
- October 15 for university.
All applicants who meet the requirements of the notice can secure a scholarship.