Spain - Apply for Permanent Resident Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Visit the Foreign Office in the country of residence personally.
- Fill the application form, in duplicate, with complete information. The form can be downloaded below.
- Submit the application form along with the other necessary documents.
- Pay the prescribe fee.
Original and Copy of the following
- Full Passport valid and in force. If expired, a copy of this and the renewal application.
- Updated marriage certificate or certification issued by the Registrar of corresponding pairs.
- Three recent color photographs in white background, passport size.
- Document certifying the payment of the fee for issuing the card.
- In the course of being a relative of a Community dies during his working life prior to accessing the right of permanent residence must show:
- Copy of the death certificate together with:
- Registration certificate of the Union citizen died, stating a minimum of two years of continuous residence in Spain, or
- Documents proving that the death was due to accident or occupational disease, or
- Proof that the surviving spouse was Spanish citizen, having lost that nationality as a result of her marriage to an EU citizen died.
- Copy of the death certificate together with:
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approched for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
- An employed or self-employed, in the time they stop working, have reached the age laid down in Spanish law to enter retirement with pension rights when exercised his activity in Spain for at least the last twelve months and have resided continuously in Spain for over three years. Unless married to a Spanish citizen, the length of residence condition is not required.
- The worker who accesses early retirement, have exercised their activity in Spain for at least the last twelve months and have been living continuously for over three years in Spain. Unless married to a Spanish citizen, the length of residence condition is not required.
- An employed or self-employed that has ceased the practice because of their permanent disability as a result of having lived in Spain for more than two years without interruption. No need for evidence of any residence if the disability resulted from an accident at work or occupational disease entitling him to a pension for which it is responsible, in whole or in part, a Spanish state agency or if the Union citizen is married or a registered partner of a Spanish citizen or a citizen who has lost his Spanish nationality by marriage or registered partnership with the worker.
- An employed or self-employed who, after three years of continuous employment and residence in Spanish territory to carry on business in another Member State and keep your residence in Spain, returning to the Spanish territory daily or at least once a week. For the sole purposes of the right of residence, periods of employment spent in another Member State of the European Union are considered fulfilled in Spain.
- If the EU citizen has died in the course of their working lives prior to acquiring the right of permanent residence in Spain, the family members who have resided with him in the country have the right to permanent residence provided when any of the following circumstances:
- That the Union citizen on the date of death, had resided continuously in Spain for at least two years.
- That the death was due to accident or occupational disease.
- That the surviving spouse lost Spanish nationality by marriage to the deceased.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The issuance of the permanent resident card shall be made within three months of the application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This page contains information on how to apply for a permanent resident card in Spain.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.