Scotland - Apply for a passport
Revision as of 07:40, 30 December 2017 by Wesley (Created page with "==Procedure== #The Identity and Passport Service (IPS) have introduced interviews for all first-time applicants for a British passport. #The interview is to verify your identi...")
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The Identity and Passport Service (IPS) have introduced interviews for all first-time applicants for a British passport.
- The interview is to verify your identity by getting you to confirm details about your background and past history.
- Details about booking an interview will be sent to you after your application has been received by HM Passport Office.
- The interview should take 30 minutes and is free of charge
- Two identical new photos
- Application form filled
Office Locations & Contacts
The Glasgow Passport Office is the only passport office located in Scotland and the address is as follows:
96 Milton Street
You can apply for a British passport if you have British nationality. But there are some circumstances where your application can be refused i.e;
- youre suspected of a serious crime and an arrest warrant has been issued
- a court order stops you having a UK passport or restricts your travel
- youre on bail and bail conditions mean you cant leave the UK
- youve been brought back to the UK before at the governments expense and havent repaid what you owe
- youve received a European Union or United Nations order which restricts your travel
Passport type: Adult (16 and over) standard 32-page passport
Normal service (online or by post) 72.50
Post Office Passport Check & Send 81.25
Passport Type: Adult (16 and over) jumbo 48-page passport
Normal service (online or by post) 85.50
Post Office Passport Check & Send94.25
Passport type: Child (under 16) passport
Normal service (online or by post) 46.00
Post Office Passport Check & Send 54.75
Passport for people born on or before 2 September 1929 no fee
Passports belong to the government and can be cancelled or withdrawn at any time
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes at least 6 weeks to get your first adult passport once your form has been received
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
British passports are issued by the UK government's Her Majesty's Passport Office (HM Passport Office).
All adult individual (aged 16 and over) applying for a passport for the first time must attend an interview with HM Passport Office in person to confirm their identity.
HM Passport Office recommends you allow 6 weeks for your passport application to be processed
You can get an application form for a British passport using the following methods:
- Collect a form from selected Post Office branches
- Fill in the online application form request to receive a form in the post
- Call the Passport Advice line on 0300 222 0000
- Go online and submit your details using the online application form on https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office
- Proof of nationality
- Date of birth
- Applicant name
- Applicant parents name
Need for the Document
Scotland is a country that is part of the United Kingdom. Citizen of Scotland are issued with British passport
Information which might help
If you fill in your form online you get the benefit of interactive help while completing your form. Its also much easier to correct mistakes. Once youve finished submitting your details online, the form is printed and sent to you. All you need to do then is attach your supporting documents and submit your application.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Used for identification
- Used as a proof of citizenship
More information which might help people.