Palestine - Obtain Police Clearance Certificate (Certificate of No Criminal Record)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applying process in Palestine for citizen and non-citizen.
- a. Apply in-person
- Applicant shall apply in person at “Ministry of foreign affairs”.
- Contact link : link
- Application form : link
- Address :
Ministry of Interior,
Gaza Al-Magoussi Buildings,
Fax: +09708-2857660 / 2857676
Mob: +972599790100, E-Mail: [email protected]
- Applicant shall go to the respective office. Don’t forget to take the required copy of documents along with originals to the office.
- Please follow as per authorities guidelines and submit the completed application along with documents. Applicant should pay for any charges if required as advised.
- This application will be processed by respective department.
- The certificate can be collected from the office where applicant applied in person upon notification or issued as per norms.
Applying process – overseas for citizen and non-citizen
- A. Apply through embassy or consulate in-person
- Applicant can apply at their nearest embassy or consulate in-person. Link for contact : link
- Application form can be obtained from the embassy. Call the office and fix appointment for personal visit. Also find out the details for this procedure.
- On the scheduled date, go to the office with all the document in original and in copy. Please follow as per officer guidelines to process your application.
- This application will be processed by the respective department. The completed certificates are forwarded to the concern.
- Applicant shall collect the certificate with the respective office upon notification or can get it delivered as per norms applicable
- Valid identity document (identity card, passport, driving license).
- Valid passport.
- Citizen proof/Document of National Identity (DNI).
- A copy of your passport while living in Palestine.
- A copy of your permit of stay in Palestine, passport number and place of issue as well.
- Proofs of legal stay (copy of passport held during the said period with respective stamp and seal).
- Application form : link
- Valid citizen proof with photo (respective ID’s issued by respective nation).
- Email ID (useful to communicate issues with respect to your application)
- A self-addressed envelope with or without stamps (as required).
- Valid contact number (applicant can be communicated)
- Passport-size photos.
- Birth certificate (as per requirement).
Office Locations & Contacts
- Applicant with valid passport and a valid address proof.
- Age: 16 years and above. In case of minors, the application must be submitted by the parent exercising parental authority, if the minor has not turned 16 years.
- The current address of the applicant must be same as in the passport and other supporting documents.
- Applicants who are in need of residential status, employment or long term visa or for immigration to a foreign nation.
- JD 3(Jordanian dinar)
- Fee/charge varies for case to case. Updated fee requirement will be provided by respective authorities while applying.
Validity norms vary from country to country.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time varies with respect to the country from where applied.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- You should apply for a Palestinian police certificate at the office of the Ministry of Interior located in your district of residence. They must provide a copy of their identification card and two passport photographs, and pay the applicable fees.
- Your full name as on your birth certificate including your maiden name if applicable
- Your date and place of birth (or a copy of your birth certificate)
- Your current address
- All addresses at which you have lived at in Palestine and when you lived there
- The place and purpose for which you require the Certificate
- The applicant must specify the parentage of the applicant (names of father and mother).
Need for the Document
A police certificate is an official document issued by police or government agency of a country to enumerate any criminal records that the applicant may or may not have. Criminal records may include arrest, conviction, and possibly criminal proceedings.
Police certificate is also known as good citizen certificate, good conduct certificate, police clearance certificate, or judicial record extracts. Applicants may have to submit fingerprints and certain personal information to request a criminal record check, and the police or government agency may charge a fee. If no record found, the police certificate will indicate such.
Information which might help
Police clearance (Good Conduct) Certificate is an important document which serves as a proof that the person has no criminal record or previously involved in criminal, breach of trust cases or violation of law both in his home country and during his residence in Palestine. Both locals and expats are supposed to obtain this certificate.
Conditions and Instructions:
- All compulsory fields should be filled in.
- Make sure all entered information is correct.
- Make sure all required documents are provided.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A police clearance certificate is a copy of your criminal record or a declaration of the absence of any criminal record. Police clearance certificates are different in each country and territory and may be called police certificates, good conduct certificates, judicial record extracts, pcc, etc. They are issued by police authorities or government departments and used by Citizenship and Immigration to prevent individuals who possess a risk to Country's security from entering the country.
The Ministry of Interior (MOI) was established to maintain security and discipline in the State of Palestine, and to protect the lives and property of Palestinian citizens in the Gaza strip.
MOI believes that the security of society can be achieved by effective communication with citizens, protect their lives and properties , control and prevent the crime within the boundaries of state.
The ministrys responsibilities and goals include:
- Maintain public security and discipline.
- Protect people and properties.
- Prevent, control and investigate crime.
- Manage the national prisons and other correctional facilities.
- Organize the travel movement via border crossings.