Norway - Obtain Residence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You may order a copy of a Residence Certificate online or through email.
- You must log in to Altinn to order - LINK
- When you order your certificate, you can write a message in the "inquiry" field about for whom and where will you use the certificate. In the same field, you can also write if you need the English or Multilingual Certificate, if available in several languages.
- It will take about 3 working days for you request to be processed. The certificate will be sent to the address registered in your National Registry.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Phone: 800 80 000; for callers from abroad, please call +47 22 07 70 00.
For English menu, press 9.
Note: Calls placed to 800 80 000 from a landline inside Norway are free. From a mobile and for international calls, your own subscription rates apply.
Certificate of Residency is only issued at the request of:
- The person that the certificate concerns
- The spouse/registered partner
- An immediate relative (must be able to document that he or she has a justifiable need for the certificate)
- Public authority
- Guardian or assistant guardian
NOTE: Certificates are not issued to people who are registered as emigrated.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It will take about 3 working days for your request to be processed and the certificate mailed to you.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
You may order a certificate by email or online.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A residence certificate shows information about an individual's residential address and how long the person concerned has been residing in a certain place.
Information which might help
- Certificates will not be sent by email.
- You can not hand over certificates at the tax office
- If the certificate is to be used abroad, you must send it to the County Governor for apostille application, and you must indicate which country to use.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.