Northern Ireland - Renew Your Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You may apply to renew your passport online. You’ll need a debit or credit card to use the online service.
- Click the link to apply - Online UK passport. Note: If you use the new online passport renewal service you’ll need someone to take a photo of you using a digital camera or smartphone. Your application can be delayed if you do not follow the rules about passport photos.
- You will be asked to enter your date of birth and other required information. Simply provide all needed information and payment details.
- It will take around 3 weeks for your application for renewal is processed.
Apply By Post
- To apply by post you will need to fill out a paper application form.
- You can get a paper application form by either:
- By going to a Post Office that has a Check and Send service
- Or by calling the Passport Adviceline
- If you use the old ‘existing’ online service, send in your application by post. You’ll need 2 identical new photos of yourself. In case you cannot be recognised from the photo in your existing passport, get your application form and 1 of your photos signed by someone else to prove your identity.
- Pay for your application, you can either pay by:
- debit or credit card - fill in the form in the application pack
- cheque - made payable to ‘Her Majesty’s Passport Office’
- Completed application form
- Photo: Rules about passport photos
Office Locations & Contacts
Telephone: 0300 222 0000
From outside the UK: +44 (0)300 222 0000
Textphone: 18001 0300 222 0222
Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
Weekends and public holidays, 9am to 5:30pm
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Online Renewal: £75.50
- Paper Form: £85
You’ll pay a different fee if you apply for a passport from another country.
You can get or renew a British passport for free if you’re a British national and you were born on or before 2 September 1929.
Depending on how you apply, you can pay by:
- debit or credit card
- cheque or postal order (payable to the correct organisation, and write the application barcode numbers on the back)
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Your application for renewal will be processed in about 3 weeks. Use a different service if you need it urgently.
It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
If your passport’s expired, you must renew it before you can travel. You can renew your passport at any time.
Time left on your old passport will not be added to your new one.
- Full Name
- Full Address
- Email Address
- Expiry date
Need for the Document
A passport is a document, issued by a national government, which certifies the identity and nationality of its holder for the purpose of international travel. You can renew or extend your adult passport by following the procedure given below.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.