Northern Ireland - Obtain MOT Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a MOT Certificate you will need to submit a form with the appropriate fee to the test centre at which you would like to have the test carried out. Test centres are open Monday to Friday from 8.45 am to 12.30 pm and 1.15 pm to 4.00 pm.
- You can also apply for a vehicle test online, by telephone, or by post:
- Applying by telephone: book an appointment by calling from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Thursday and from 8.00 am to 1.00 pm on Friday. Calls are recorded for quality assurance purposes.
- Apply by post: You will need to complete an application form and send it with the appropriate fee to the vehicle test centre where you would like the test conducted.
NOTE: To avoid a test certificate expiring before your next vehicle test is scheduled, you should book your test as soon as you receive your reminder letter, which is sent seven weeks before your certificate expires.
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Book a vehicle test (MOT) for a private car, motorcycle or LGV (up to 3,500kg)
Phone: 0345 247 2471
(local rate from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm on Monday to Thursday and 8.00 am to 1.00 pm on Friday)
Contacting 08 and 03 numbers
Request an application form:
Phone: 028 9068 1831
or contact any DVA test centre
Test centre locations - LINK
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Duplicate certificate (car) : £10.00.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Examples of the new vehicle test (MOT) certificates - LINK
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The MOT certificate confirms that your vehicle at the time of its test met the minimum acceptable environmental and road safety standards required by law.
It's generally an offence to use a vehicle of test age that doesn’t have a current test certificate on a public road except when:
- taking it to a test centre for a test booked earlier
- bringing it away from a test centre after it has failed the test, to a place of repair
- taking it to or bringing it away from a place where, by previous arrangement, repairs are to be made or have been made to fix the faults that caused the vehicle to fail its test
NOTE: There is still a chance that you will be prosecuted for driving an unroadworthy vehicle under the above circumstances if it doesn’t meet various regulations affecting its construction and use. The insurance may also not be valid.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.