Nigeria - Register as Farmer
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for registering as a farmer in person, the applicant has to visit the office of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development or any registration unit nearest to his/her location.
- Address and contact details of the FMARD can be found in the following page: Link
- Visit the office and get an application form for registering as a farmer as applicable to your requirement from the respective department.
- Make sure that you have all the documents listed in the “Required documents” section of this page.
- Now, complete the application form with appropriate information under relevant sections. Attest it with your signature once completed.
- Once completed filling the application form, submit it in person to the relevant authority at the office.
- Pay the required amount of fees for application processing and registration.
- After submission, the application and other documents will be forwarded for examination and verification processes.
- When the verification and validation processes are over, the application will be approved and the officials will proceed to take required steps to issue the registration card.
- On successful registration, the applicant will receive a formal notification from the office for collecting the Farmer’s ID card.
- Completed application form
- Acceptable means of applicant’s Identification
- Passport size photographs (as required)
- Proof of membership in Farmer’s cooperative (if any)
- Proof of farm registration
- Proof of land ownership
- Any supporting document (as instructed)
Office Locations & Contacts
- Any individual in Nigeria, who wishes to involve in farming (crop or animal), can apply to get registered.
- The applicant must possess a valid proof of identification.
Please approach the authorities for fees details.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicants can enquire the department about the required documents to be attached with this application form, in addition.
- Applicants are advised to complete the application form neatly and completely with absolute legibility and appropriateness to avoid rejections. Also, all the required documents must be furnished completely.
- Applicants can enquire the office about the fees details and payment procedure if they had any doubts.
- Applicant’s name
- Age and Date of birth
- Address of farmer’s residence
- Contact number and email address
- Address of the farm
- Dimensions of the land
- Other particulars of the farm
- Identification document number
- Banking particulars
Need for the Document
If you want to involve in a farming business and do crop or animal farming in Nigeria, you need to get registered as a farmer with the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Nigeria.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.