Nigeria - Get Pharmaceutical Distributor License or Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for getting Pharmaceutical Distributor License or Permit in person, the applicant has to make an application to the Director of Pharmaceutical Services of the State.
- The address and contact details of the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria state offices can be found in the below zonal offices addresses
- First, the applicant needs to prepare an application letter as a request for premises Registration.
- Visit the office and obtain an application form for registration of premises from the relevant department.
- Complete the form with appropriate information under relevant sections. Attest it with your signature once completed.
- Once completed filling the application form, make sure that you attached all the documents listed in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Then, submit it in person to the relevant authority at the office. Make the stipulated payment as directed by the officials.
- After submission, the application and other documents will be forwarded to PCN for examination and verification processes.
- Once the verification and validation processes are over, the application will be approved and the officials will proceed to take required steps to issue the Certificate of Registration.
- When the documents are ready to be collected, the applicant will receive a notification from the office through email or phone call regarding the collection and the applicant can collect them by any applicable means.
- Application letter
- Completed application form
- Photocopy of annual licence to practice/Application for retention
- Bank draft payable to PCN (for prescribed inspection and registration fee)
- Resignation/acceptance letter Photocopy from previous employment (if applicable)
- Appointment Letter of Superintendent Pharmacist
- Legal agreement between the Pharmacist in charge and the employer (where applicable)
- Company’s Incorporation certificate
- Particulars of Directors as issued by C.A.C.
- Current Annual Licence of the Pharmacist Director
Refer for more information requirements
Office Locations & Contacts
Pharmacists Council of Nigeria - Head Office,
Plot 7/9 Industrial Layout, Idu,
P.M.B. 415 Garki,
Tel: +234 704 453 3099 / +234 806 605 5429
Tel: Tel: 08079792616
- Any registered pharmacist in Nigeria, who wishes to practice as a Pharmaceutical Distributor, can apply.
- The applicant must have completed National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) primary assignment and possess an NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate.
- The Pharmacist is expected to be up to date with Mandatory Continuing Professional Development (MCPD) programme of Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN) (if eligible).
- One of the Board of Directors should be a Pharmacist and he/she must have the Current Annual Licence.
Please refer “Distributors” section in the following page licensing fees details
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicants are advised to complete the application form neatly and completely with absolute legibility and appropriateness to avoid rejections. Also, all the required documents must be furnished completely.
- A Letter of undertaking by Managing Director of the company should be obtained to the effect that all pharmaceutical businesses will be left under the direct, personal control and management of the superintendent pharmacist.
- Applicant name and email address
- Phone number
- Company name and Registration number
- Incorporation details
- Address of the premises
- Contact details
- Email address and website address
- List of equipments in production and quality control unit
- List of products being produced by the pharmacy
Need for the Document
Any organisation that intends to perform Distribution operations in Nigeria, must obtain a license from the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.