Nigeria - Get Certificate of Quality for Goods and Drugs (Port Authority)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for getting Certificate of Quality for Goods and Drugs in person, the applicant has to visit the Ports Inspection Directorate (PID)or Corporate Headquarters of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
- The address and contact details can be found below contact link
- The applicant will have to prepare an application letter as a request for the Certificate for Goods and Drugs, addressed to the Director-General of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
- Make sure that you have all the documents listed in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Attach all the required documents with the application letter, and then submit it at the NAFDACPorts Inspection Directorate (PID) or Corporate Headquarters.
- After submission, the application and accompanying documents are subsequently reviewed and verified.
- Upon satisfactory assessment of the application, the agency proceeds to process the Certificate. Once the document is ready, the applicant is notified via email or phone.
- Then, the applicant can visit the office and collect the Certificate.
- Application letter
- Product Registration license
- Factory issued Current Good Manufacturing practice or Good Hygienic PracticeCertificate
- Nigeria Export Proceeds form
- Proof of registration with Nigeria Export Promotion Council
- Pro forma invoice
- Packing list
- Sample of the export product
- Certificate of Analysis (Original copy)
- No Objection Letter (for 3rd party exporters)
- Importation documents endorsed by NAFDAC
- Quality Specification
- International passport indicating the exporters’/Representatives’ approval to travel (endorsed copy)
- Phytosanitary Certificate from Nigeria Agricultural Quarantine Services (NAQS)
Office Locations & Contacts
National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control,
Obasanjo Way, Zone 7,
0700-1-NAFDAC (0700-1-623322), +234(0)-1-4609750
Email: [email protected]
Website homepage link
Ports Inspection Directorate,
NAFDAC Laboratory Complex,
E-mail Address: [email protected]
- Any exporter in Nigeria, who requires an inspection and Certificate of QualityfortheGoods and Drugs to be exported, from NAFDAC, can apply.
- The goods and drugs to be inspected must have registered with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control.
Please approach the Directorate for fees details.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- It is important that the completed form must contain all the information required properly and the form must be filled legibly, in order to get accepted by the Authority.
- Make sure that you attach all the required documents as specified by the authority to avoid rejections.
- Full Name and Address of Manufacturer ‘s warehouse. Or Manufacturing Facility
- Product intended for Export
- Pack size
- Batch number
- Manufacturing Date and Expiry or Best Before Date (Date markings)
- Destination of intended Export
- Reason for Export (Where applicable)
- Consignee’s name and address
- Valid Phone Number of the Applicant
Need for the Document
Certificate of Quality for Goods and Drugs is required by an exporter in Nigeria for the goods and drugs that he/she exports through the Nigerian Ports. It serves as a proof and Quality assessment for the goods and drugs exported.
Information which might help
Enter other information’s which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.