Nigeria - Apply for Retention of Name in Pharmaceutical Register for Pharmacists Resident Abroad
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Retention of Name in Pharmaceutical Register for Pharmacists Resident Abroad in person, the applicant has to make an application to the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria (PCN).
- The address and contact details of the PCN can be found in the below contact link
- Visit the office and obtain an application form to be completed for Retention of Name in Pharmaceutical Register for Pharmacists Resident Abroadfrom the relevant department.
- Complete the form with appropriate information under relevant sections. Attest it with your signature once completed.
- Once completed filling the application form, make sure that you have attached all the documents listed in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Then, submit it in person to the relevant authority at the office. Make the stipulated payment as directed by the officials.
- After submission, the application and other documents will be forwarded for examination and verification processes.
- Once the verification and validation processes are over, the application will be approved and the officials will proceed to take required steps to issue the Certificate of Retention.
- When the document is ready to be collected, the applicant will receive a notification from the office through email or phone call regarding the collection and the applicant can collect it by any applicable means.
- Completed application form
- Bank draft payable to PCN (for prescribed fees)
- Resignation/acceptance letter Photocopy from previous employment (if applicable)
- Appointment Letter of Superintendent Pharmacist
- Legal agreement between the Pharmacist in charge and the employer (where applicable)
- Company’s Incorporation certificate
- Particulars of Directors as issued by C.A.C.
- Any supporting document
Office Locations & Contacts
Pharmacists Council of Nigeria,
Plot 7/9, Industrial Layout,
P.M.B. 415 Garki,
Registrar's Office: +234 704 453 3099
Enquiries on Registration and Licensing: +234 806 605 5429
Directions to the office Link
Any Nigeria-based pharmacist, who is residing abroad and intends to set up a Hospital Pharmacy or get registered as a certified pharmacist in Nigeria, may require Retention of their name in Pharmaceutical Register.
Fees for Retention of Name on the Register for Pharmacists resident Abroad is N41062.00
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicants are advised to complete the application form neatly and completely with absolute legibility and appropriateness to avoid rejections. Also, all the required documents must be furnished completely.
- A letter of undertaking by Managing Director of the company should be obtained to the effect that all pharmaceutical businesses will be left under the direct, personal control and management of the superintendent pharmacist.
- Applicant name and email address
- Phone number
- Company name and Registration number
- Incorporation details
- Address of the premises
- Contact details
- Email address and website address
- List of equipments in production and quality control unit
- List of products being produced by the pharmacy
Need for the Document
- Any Nigeria-based pharmacist, who is residing abroad and intends to set up a Hospital Pharmacy or practice as a registered pharmacist must obtain a registration from the Pharmacists Council of Nigeria.
- Before that, the applicant would require a Certificate of Retention for the applicant Pharmacist’s name.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.