Nigeria - Apply for Fresh Lease
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Fresh Lease in person, the applicant has to visit the office of the Port Manager of the Nigerian Ports Authority.
- The address and contact details of the Port offices can be found in the following contact link
- Visit the office and obtain an application form for Fresh Lease from the relevant department.
- Make sure that you have all the required documents listed in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Complete the application form as required with necessary information and attest with your signature.
- Then, attach the documents required with the completed form and proceed to submit it to the Managing Director at the Office for further verification and application processing.
- Also pay the required fees for the application process at the office as directed by the officials.
- After submission, the application and accompanying documents are subsequently reviewed and verified.
- On completion of all the processes, the applicant will be contacted through phone or email to collect the lease document.
- Proof of company registration with Corporate Affairs Commission
- Completed C.O.2 and C.O.7 forms from Corporate Affairs Commission
- Proof of license for operation
- Tax Clearance Certificate (past 3 years)
- Relevant operational licenses/permits to be itemized
- Proposed development plan proof
- Evidence of financial capability
Office Locations & Contacts
Corporate Head Office,
Nigerian Ports Authority,
26/28 Marina, Lagos.
P.M.B 12588 Lagos
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
Tel: +234 01463 7496, +234 01463 7497, +234 01463 7498
Port offices contact link
Any shipping company/agent in Nigeria, who wishes to obtain a fresh lease of land in the Nigerian Ports Authority, can apply.
Please approach the officials for fees details.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 6 weeks for the lease issuance.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- It is important that the completed form must contain all the information required properly and the form must be filled legibly, in order to get accepted by the Authority.
- Make sure that you attach all the required documents as specified by the authority to avoid rejections.
- Name of the company
- Country of origin
- Name of the vessel
- Registry port’s name
- Official number and call sign
- International Maritime Organization number and class
- Full Address of the company premises
- Number of Shareholders and nationality
- Exporter registration Number
- Company/operational e-mail address
- Estimated time of arrival and Departure of Vessel
- Port of call
- Cargo Tonnage
- Type of cargo
Need for the Document
Any shipping company/agent in Nigeria, who wishes to obtain a certain area of land in lease inside the Nigerian ports, must register it with the Nigerian Ports Authority,
Information which might help
Enter other information’s which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.