Nigeria - Airline Operating Permit (AOP)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for getting an Airline Operating Permit in person, the applicant has to visit the office of Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
- The address and contact details of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) can be found in the following link: Contact Link
- Visit the NCAA office with an application letter made in writing and duly signed by a person authorised by the applicant to request for an Airline Operating Permit.
- Make sure that you have all the documents listed in the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Complete the form as required with relevant details under respective sections. After completing the application form, attach the required documents with the completed form.
- Then, proceed to submit the application and the required documents to the Director General at the office in person for further processes.
- Pay the non-refundable processing fee through a Bank Draft payable to the NCAA and also submit the proof of payment at the office.
- After submission, the completed form and corresponding documents will be put into further verification and validation processes.
- Once all the processes gets completed, the authorities will take the necessary steps for the permit issuance process.
- Application Letter in writing
- Company’s Incorporation Certificate (Certified copy)
- Certified copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Company’s Directors’ particulars on Form CAC7
- Allotment Return/Share Capital on Form CAC2
- Certificate of company’s and each Director’s Tax Clearance
- Company’s business plan
- Proof for applicant’s financial solvency
- Personal History Statement (Duly completed)
- Proof/receipt of payment
- Proof of Application notice Publication in newspaper
- Adequate insurance cover proof
NOTE: Applicants are advised to refer “Requirements” section in the following link for a detailed description: required documents link
Office Locations & Contacts
Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority,
Murtala Muhammed Airport,
21038 Ikeja Lagos,
E- mail: [email protected]
Contact link: Link , Link
- Any individual or organisation, that wishes to carry on the business of Airlines and offer non-scheduled services only, is eligible for the permit.
- The applying entity must possess a founding document in order to become eligible for the permit.
- Non-refundable processing fee: N500,000.00
- After receiving the permit, an annual utilization fee of N100,000.00 should be paid.
- A permit under this category is valid for a period of 3 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- The Director-General is free to demand any additional information from the applicant regarding the application.
- Every airline Operator providing air transport services for hire and reward, must have adequate Insurance for passengers/cargo and third party. The insurance must be sufficient to pay compensation of $100,000.00 USD (one hundred thousand US Dollars) per passenger in case of death or injury.
- It is important that the completed form must contain all the information required properly and the form must be filled legibly, in order to get accepted by the Authority.
- Make sure that you attach all the required documents as specified by the authority to avoid rejections.
- Applicant’s name and trade name
- Address and contact details
- Previously issued Permit number and Date of Expiry(if any)
- Particulars of the office
- Physical and Website address
- Passenger categories or Cargo Quality
- Incorporation particulars
- Details of Share Capital
- Type of services to be provided;
- Number and types of aircraft to be utilized; and
- The proposed operational base of the applicant.
- Number of employed staffs
- Banking particulars
Need for the Document
- Any person living in the Republic of Nigeria must possess an Airline Operating Permit if he/she wants to establish and operate an Airline business within the Republic.
Information which might help
- The result of the technical evaluation of the application along with an appropriate recommendation will be forwarded to the Air Transport Licensing Committee (ATLC) for consideration and approval to issue the Licence or otherwise as soon as the Security Clearance is received from the Ministry.
- The Authority will in the process of carrying out the technical evaluation of the application cause the notice of the application to be published in the Official Government Gazette, the fee of which shall be paid by the applicant.
- Civil Aviation Regulations can be found in the following page: Link
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.