Natrampalli - Temporary Registration of Vehicles
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Temporary Registration of Vehicles in Natrampalli.
This procedure provides you information related to Temporary Registration of Vehicles in Tamil Nadu. Following listed are the ways through which it can be done.
- To Temporary Register a Vehicle in Natrampalli the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Make sure you have completed application form 20, 21, 22, 22-A. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents that has been listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the license by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Online Application
- Fill the application form in the above given site ,upload required proofs, take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Application in Form-20(http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/form20.pdf) (in Duplicate if it is with HP)
- Aadhaar Card
- Sales certificate in Form-21
- Pollution under control and road worthiness certificate in Form-22 from manufacturer
- Pollution under control and road worthiness certificate in Form-22 A, where body is fabricated
- Pan card or GIR or Form-60/61 of I.T. Department
- Insurance Certificate
- Proof of address (any one of the following):
- a) Ration Card
- b) Electoral Roll
- c) LIC Policy
- d) Passport size photo
- e) Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive or First Class Judicial Magistrate or Notary public
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Owner of vehicle.
- Dealer can apply on behalf of the owner of the vehicle.
Fees to be paid for temporary registration of a vehicle (i) 2% of Life Time Tax (ii) Rs.40/- + Service charges Rs.100/- with vehicle tax
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Temporary registration is valid for one month
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Time limit for getting temporary registration of vehicle is 3 Days.
Tamil Nadu – Apply for Temporary Registration of Vehicles
தமிழ்நாடு - வாகனங்களை தற்காலிக பதிவு செய்ய விண்ணப்பித்தல்
- The owner of a motor vehicle may apply to any registering authority or other prescribed authority to have the vehicle temporarily registered. Such temporary registration shall be valid only for a month and it shall not be renewable.
- The basic purpose of such registration is to safeguard the public and public property interests. i.e. if any damage is caused by such vehicle the same can be identified and traced out. Furthermore the taxes levied on the vehicle for plying on the road as road tax which is used for maintaining the fund for maintenance of the roads.
- Full name of person to be registered as Registered owner
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Temporary Address / Official Address
- Duration of stay at the present address
- Annual income
- Name and address of the Dealer or Manufacturer from whom the vehicle was purchased
- Particulars of Vehicle
- Class of vehicle
- The motor vehicle is
- A new vehicle
- Ex-army vehicle
- Imported vehicle
- Type of body
- Type of vehicle
- Maker's Name
- Month and Year of manufacture
- Number of cylinders
- Horse power
- Cubic capacity
- Maker's classification if not known, wheel base
- Chassis No. (Affix Pencil print)
- Engine Number or Motor Number in case of Battery Operated Vehicles.
- Seating capacity (including driver)
- Fuel used in the engine
Need for the Document
As per motor vehicle Act any vehicle who has to ply on the public roads need to be registered as per the law. Since the registration process is long therefore on buying the new vehicle the owner is provided with temporary registration number which is valid for one month from date of sale and during the said period the owner should get his vehicle permanently registered with RTO concerned.
Information which might help
While driving you have to keep the original R.C. Book, Insurence of your Byke, Tax Token, Polution Certificate with your Vehicle. On Road, the Motor vehicle Inspector ask you for all these papers. Those papers should not be expired.
Numbering of vehicle in India is done at Regional/Sub Regional Transport Offices located in various states. Each vehicle number has prescribed format. Take an example of a vehicle number TN-75 A 9999, where 'TN' denotes state code for Tamilnadu State, '75' denotes RTOs code for Marthandam, 'A' denotes series and '9999' denotes running serial number between 1 and 9999.
- A list of RTOs in Natrampalli and the assigned codes for vehicle registration.
TN-01 Chennai City - Central (RTO @ Ayanavaram)
TN-02 Chennai City - North West (RTO @ Anna Nagar)
TN-03 Chennai City - North East (RTO @ Tondiarpet)
TN-04 Chennai City - East (RTO @ Royapuram)
TN-05 Chennai City - North (RTO @ Kolathur)
TN-06 Chennai City - South East (RTO @ Mandavelli)
TN-07 Chennai City - South (RTO @ Thiruvanmiyur)
TN-09 Chennai City - West (RTO @ K. K. Nagar)
TN-10 Chennai City - South West (RTO @ Virugambakkam)
TN-11 Chennai Suburban- South-2 (RTO @ Tambaram)
TN-12 Chennai Suburban- West (RTO @ Poonamallee)
TN-13 Chennai Suburban- North West (RTO @ Ambattur)
TN-14 Chennai Suburban- South East (RTO @ Sholinganallur)
TN-16 Tindivanam /Gingee
TN-18 Chennai Suburban- North (RTO @ Red Hills)
TN-19 Chengalpattu/ Madurantakam
TN-22 Chennai Suburban- South 1 (RTO @ Meenambakkam)
TN-27 Salem District (Defunct)
TN-28 Namakkal North / Rasipuram
TN-29 Dharmapuri/Palacode / Harur
TN-30 Salem West / Omalur
TN-33 Erode East
TN-37 Coimbatore South /Sulur
TN-38 Coimbatore North
TN-39 Tirupur North/Avinashi
TN-41 Pollachi /Valparai
TN-42 Tirupur South/Kangeyam
TN-45 Tiruchirapalli West / Manapparai
TN-54 Salem East
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Natrampalli can be listed here.