Natrampalli - Refund of Tax for a vehicle
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Refund of Tax for a vehicle in Natrampalli.
- To apply for a Refund of Tax for a Vehicle in Natrampalli the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the license by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
No refund of tax shall be allowed unless the applicant satisfies the following conditions
- Taxation licence shall be surrendered to the Regional Transport Officer concerned within seven days from the date of stoppage of the vehicle or within a reasonable period thereafter.
- The non-use of the vehicle shall be intimated in writing to the Regional Transport Officer concerned by Registered Post with acknowledgement due together with reasons for such non-use and details of the place where the vehicle is garaged within seven days from the stoppage of the vehicle or within a reasonable period and shall thereafter surrender.
- in the case of transport vehicle, the Certificate of Registration and permit; and
- Where the documents are seized or retained by any authority, a certificate obtained from the authority which effected the seizure or retention of such documents.
- No refund of tax shall be permissible for the non-use of the vehicle for less than a month.
- Where tax is paid by mistake or in excess the tax so paid or collected shall be refunded on application made to the Regional Transport Officer concerned.
N.B. : If any question arises as to whether or not the taxation licence was surrendered and the non-use intimated within a reasonable period after the specified day the decision of the Regional Transport Officer or the Deputy Transport Commissioner or the Transport Commissioner, as the case may be shall be final.
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Tamil Nadu - Refund of Tax for Vehicle
தமிழ்நாடு - வாகனத்திற்கு வரி செலுத்துதல்
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
In the case of a motor vehicle for which tax has been paid for any quarter, half year, or year, or life time, as the case may be, but the vehicle has not been used on any public road for a continuous period of not less than one month, within the above period, refund of tax paid for such period of non-use shall be made at the rates specified below.
Note : The period of use of a motor vehicle on a public road, without carrying any passengers, for the purpose of moving it from one depot to another or from one workshop to another for carrying out repairs, shall not be considered as used on any public road and such period may be taken into account for computing the period for which the vehicle has not been used in public road.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Natrampalli can be listed here.