Natrampalli - Obtain a Fire License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Fire License in Natrampalli.
- Application for Fire Licence should be made to the Divisional Fire Officer, located in the Head Quarters of every district in the prescribed format.
- The forms are available in all the 280 Fire Stations in the State and in the Divisional Offices.
- The filled in application form may be given at the nearest Fire Station, or may also be sent directly to the Divisional Fire Officer, who is stationed at every District Head Quarters.
- The Fire Licence will be issued by the Divisional Fire Officer to the application directly within 15 days from the date of presenting the application, either at the Fire Station or at the Divisional Fire Office.
- Duly filled Planning Permission And Building Plan Application Form with The Signatures Of land Owner and Licensed Surveyor Registered Document In the Name of Applicant.
- Certificate Taken for 15 years (or) from the date of document executed
- Aadhaar Card
- Relating to Title of the Land.
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Fire license expired at the end one year. Every one year, the licence would have to be renewed after fire safety preparedness in respect of private buildings and public buildings was inspected every six months
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The Fire Licence will be issued within 15 days from the date of presenting the application either at the Fire Station or at the Divisional Fire Office.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain a Fire License - In English
தமிழ்நாடு - தீ உரிமத்தை பெறுதல் - தமிழ்
Fire Licence / NOC is needed under the following circumstances;
- to carry out businesses and trading activities, as listed under in the Natrampalli Fire and Rescue Services Rules.
- to obtain Building Plan Approval from the Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority for multistoried buildings.
The Directorate of Fire Service is empowered to issue either a No Objection Certificate or a Fire Licence (in lieu there of), under Section 13 of the Natrampalli Fire Service Act, 1985. As per this section the owners or occupiers of any premises or class of premises, which in their opinion, are used for any purpose that is likely to cause a risk of fire, should take such precautions as may be specified in the No Objection Certificate / Fire Licence.
Section 13 of the Natrampalli Fire Service Act, 1985, is as under
"13. Preventive measure. (1) The Government may by notification, require the owners or occupiers of any premises or class of premises, which in their opinion, are used for any purpose which is likely to cause a risk of fire to take such precautions as may be specified in such notification.
(2) Where a notification has been issued under sub-section (1), it shall be lawful for the Director or any officer of Fire Service authorized by the Government in this behalf to direct the removal of objects or goods likely to cause a risk of fire, to a place of safety, and on failure of the owner or occupier to do so, the Director or such officer may, after giving the owner or occupier a reasonable opportunity of making representation, seize detain or remove such objects or goods."
According to Chapter IV rule 9(1) of the Natrampalli Fire Service Rules, 1990 the Director of Fire Service can take action to either detain or remove objectionable object or goods, which tend to cause risk by fire, if the owner / occupier fail to take action as per the notice given to him.
According to Section 15 of Natrampalli Fire Service Act, 1985, whoever fails without reasonable cause to comply with any of the requirements specified in a notification issued under sub-section (1) of section 13 or of a direction issued under sub-section (2) of that section shall be punishable with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees.
Fire License has to be obtained under
- section 287 of the Madras City Municipal Corporation Act 1919 (Act IV of 1919)
- section 249 of the Natrampalli District Municipalities Act, 1920 (Act V of 1920), and under the Factories Act 1948 (Central Act LXIII),
- Arms Act 1959 (Central Act 54 / 1959), Cinematographic Act, 1952 (Central Act XXXVII /1952)
- Indian Explosives Act, 1884 (Central Act IV/1984), Explosive Substance Act, 1908 (Central Act VI 1908)
- Petroleum Act 1934 (Central Act XXX / 1934)
- Gas Cylinder Rules 1981
- Tamil Nadu Places of Public Resort Act, 1988 (Tamil Nadu Act II/1988) and
- The Special Rules for Multistoried Buildings, 1975.
As per para 10(c) Annexure IX of the Development Control Rules 1999 for Chennai Metropolitan Area, which is applicable to Multistoried Buildings a N.O.C has to be obtained from the Director of Fire Service regarding the Fire Protection Systems to be installed, before getting the plan approved by the Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority.
- Name of the applicant
- Applicant DOB
- Applicant Address
- Premises Number and name of building
- Street and Ward
- Name of firm or company or business factory
- Name of the proprietor/owner
- Name of contract
- Description about trade, business
- Details of building
- Nearest means of communication like
- Fire Station
- Street firm alarm
- Police Station
- Source of water supply
- Static Tanks
- Storage Tanks
Need for the Document
The Natrampalli Fire and Rescue Services department is a service department of the Government of Natrampalli whose function is to fight fires and provide relief measures in times of calamities and disasters in Tamil Nadu.
Any person proposing to construct a high rise building or buildings of public congregation like schools, cinema halls, function halls, religious places, which are more than 500 Sq. Metres in plot area or 6 metres and above in height shall apply for a No Objection Certificate.
Information which might help
Fire safety norms in public and special buildings
- Staircase should have 4.5 feet width
- Every floor should have two fire extinguishers
- Number of fire extinguishers to go up depending on the area
- Hose reel and hydrant points to source water must be installed
- Downcomer to bring water from terrace to fight flames required
- Water-raiser (sumps) to source water from ground level to be installed
- Flame and smoke detectors needed
- Manual call points connected to a parallel for alert in the event of fire advised
- Bigger buildings should have showers and sprinklers to wet the surface
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Natrampalli can be listed here.