Natrampalli - Obtain a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Birth Certificate in Natrampalli.
- Every birth shall be registered within 21 days with the Town Panchayat. Any person who wants to register a birth shall inform the Town Panchayat office in the prescribed format along with a certificate from the person or Medical Institution, who conducted delivery in the case of birth.
- Beyond the prescribed time limit, if a registration is done, it is accepted with a payment of penalty upto a period of one year. If a registration is to be done beyond a period of one year, it will be registered only on receipt of Judical order from a Magistrate and with penalty.
- On registration one copy of an extract of Birth Register will be given to the party, free of cost.
- If a certificate of Birth is required at a later date from the Town Panchayat, an application in the prescribed format furnishing the information required in the format like name of the child, father's name, mother's name, date and place of birth, etc., in the case of birth certificate.
- When the birth has taken place in the house, the head of the family or the nearest relative of the family will have to register in the prescribed format along with a certificate from the person or medical institution that conducted the delivery.
- Births taking place in a medical institution will be intimated for registration by the institution directly to the registering authority.
Other ways of getting Birth Certificate or Registering Birth
In case, if the medical institution or hospital has already informed about the birth to municipality office (of where the hospital lies) there is no need for any proof. One need to go to the municipality office and get the appropriate form, fill it and paste a stamp for Rs 2 (not the normal Indian postage stamp) and give to them. It will take roughly one week to get the certificate (for two copies it is Rs 40).
Apply through e-Service centers or Common Service Centers (CSC)
- You can also approach the e-service centers or the CSC centers for availing this service. #You can find the e-service centers in the municipality office or teshil office in your area.
- You can also find the e-service centers by providing appropriate information under the following link : E-Service Centers Link
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of place of birth(where the child has born) from medical institution.
Note : However in most hospitals, after baby's birth a form is given to the baby's father or guardian and it should be filled and given to the hospital. This form is then send to the concerning municipality. In such case there is no need for any proof from medical institution. One needs to go directly to the concerned municipality and submit a form, which is available in municipality office (fill clearly in capital letters). It takes roughly one week to get the birth certificate after the submission.
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides you list of e-service centers in an area : E-Service Centers Link
- Zonal offices contact details
Zonal Officer- Zone I(Thiruvottriyur)
No.947,Thiruvotriyur High Road,Chennai 600019.
Zonal Officer- Zone II (Manali) No.112,
Dr. Ambedkar Street, Manali,
Phone: 94451 90002/ 044-25941079
Zonal Officer- Zone III (Madhavaram),
No.1,Thattankulam Street,Bazaar Road,
Phone: 94451 90003/ 044-25530427
Zonal Officer- Zone IV (Tondiarpet)
No.266,Thiruvotriyur High Road,Chennai 600021.
Phone: 94451 90004/ 044-25951083 / 25961199
Zonal Officer- Zone V (Royapuram)
No.62,Basin Bridge Road,
Old Washermenpet, Chennai 600021.
Phone: 94451 90005/ 044-25206655 / 25209269
Zonal Officer- Zone VI (Thiru-Vi-Ka Nagar)
Ayanavaram, Chennai 600023.
Zonal Officer- Zone VII (Ambattur)
Thiruvallur High Road, Opp Dunlop, Chennai 600053.
Phone: 94451 90007/ 26253331 / 26250231
Zonal Officer- Zone VIII (Anna Nagar)
No.273,Poonamallee High Road,Chennai 600010.
Phone: 94451 90008/ 26412646 / 26415372
Zonal Officer- Zone IX(Teynampet)
No.4,4th Cross Street,Lakeview Road,Chennai 600034.
Phone: 94451 90009/ 044-28170738 / 28174775
Zonal Officer- Zone X (Kodampakkam)
No.64,NSK Salai, Kodambakkam, Chennai 600024.
Phone: 94451 90010/ 044-24838968 /24801959
Zonal Officer- Zone XI (Valasarvakkam)
No.33, Arcot Road, Valasaravakkam,Chennai 600087.
Phone: 94451 90011/044-24867725
Zonal Officer- Zone XII (Alandur)
No.1,New Street, Near GST Road, Alandur, Chennai 600016
Phone: 94451 90012/ 044-22342355
Zonal Officer- Zone XIII (Adyar)
No.115,Dr.Muthulakshmi Salai, Chennai 600020.
Phone:94451 90013/044-24425961 /24425963
Zonal Officer- Zone XIV (Perunkudi)
No.6/64,Puzhuthiwakkam Main Road,Chennai 600091.
Phone: 94451 90014/ 044-22420600
Zonal Officer- Zone XV (Sozhinganallur)
No.120, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, (Old Mahabalipuram Road) Sholinganallur,Chennai 600119.
Phone: 94451 90015/ 044-24500923
'Below are the list of corporation in urban areas and their contact details.
Corporation of Chennai, Ripon Building, EVR salai, Chennai 600003
Phone: 044-25381330/ 25619200
Tmt. G.Latha I.A.S,Office:
Corporation of Coimbatore, Coimbatore 641 001, Tamil Nadu.
Phone : 91 422 2390261, 2396026
Fax: 91 422 2390167
E-Mail: [email protected]
As per rules, births will have to be registered within 21 days at the place of its occurrence.
- Birth Certificate: Rs.25.00 per copy(Conditions apply)
- If date of birth is not known or unspecified, Search Fee for every year: Rs.25.00 per copy (Conditions apply)
- Belated Birth Registration
- Below one month: without penalty
- Above one month & below one year: Rs.25.00 per copy **
- Above one year with the order of Magistrate: Rs.50.00
- A Court fee stamp of Rs.2/- shall be fixed in the application form.
Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Below are the list of corporation in urban areas links to download the application form for birth certificate. You have to download the form, take the print out and fill up the form and send to the corporation.
Download application form for birth certificate online - VILLUPURAM
Download application form for birth certificate online - Coimbatore
Download application form for birth certificate online - Salem
Download application form for birth certificate online - Madurai
Download application form for birth certificate online - Thoothukudi
Download application form for birth certificate online - Trichy
Download application form for birth certificate online - Erode
Download application form for birth certificate online - Vellore
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain a Birth Certificate (In English)
தமிழ்நாடு - பிறப்புச் சான்றிதழ் பெறுதல் (தமிழ்)
- Concerned Authority
- In Municipalities, Corporations and Special Village Panchayats (Town Panchayats), the concerned local bodies undertake the registration of births.
- In Village Panchayats, the responsibility for registration of births is with the Revenue Department and the Village Panchayats are the Registrars of Birth in the Village Administrative Officers.
- In India, it is mandatory under the law (as per the Registration of Births & Deaths Act, 1969) to register every birth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
- Name of the Father, Age and Occupation
- Name of the Mother
- Date of Birth & Sex of Child
- Place of Birth
- Name of Hospital & Address
- Name of Nursing Home & Address
- At home and Address
- Residential address at the time of Birth
Need for the Document
A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens. It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of ones birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service, claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age, settlement of inheritance and property rights, and obtaining Government-issued identity documents like a driving licence or passport.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Natrampalli can be listed here.