Natrampalli - Obtain International Driving License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain International Driving License in Natrampalli.
This procedure provides you information related to applying for a International Driver License in Tamil Nadu. Following listed are the ways through which it can be done.
- To apply for an International Driver License in Natrampalli the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Application form FORM - 4A and Form 1-A are required. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Present the completed application forms along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Online Application
- Fill the application form in the above given site ,upload required proofs, take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m.
- If your address has changed then you have to get NOC certificate from your old RTO office and then apply online for license renewal, print forms and go to new RTO office.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Following documents are to be produced at the time of applying for an International Driving Permit:
- Completed application forms FORM - 4A and Form 1-A.
- Aadhaar Card
- 3 recent passport sized photos.
- A valid permanent drivers license with validity beyond 1 year. If your license is going to expire in less than a year, you will have to get in renewed and then apply for the IDP.
- A valid passport which expires only a year later.
- A valid visa to the country you are going to visit.
- Air Tickets (Optional).
- Acknowledgment page Print from Parivahan website.
- IDP Fee of Rs. 1000/- (to be payable at Cash Counter).
- Form IDP(International Driving Permit).
- Health certificate by a medical practitioner.
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- You should have a valid driving license.
International Driver License - 1000 INR
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
International Driving License is valid for one year only.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain International Driver License (IDL)
தமிழ்நாடு - சர்வதேச டிரைவர் உரிமம் பெறுதல் (IDL)
The standards for the International Driver's License were defined by the United Nations Conference on Road Traffic, Final Act held in the year 1968. According to this law, the International Driver's License is defined mainly as a document:
- That states the main information contained in the Original Driver's License in English.
- That has the photo and signature (or thumbprint) of the owner of the vehicle.
- That states the categories of vehicles for which the Original Driver's License is valid.
- That states the restrictive conditions of driving and terms of disqualifications.
International Driver's License consists of two parts. The first part consists of a booklet which states all the standards approved by the latest UN convention and a plastic identity card. The genuineness of the information on the plastic card is ascertained by the presence of a hologram.
- Full name of the Applicant
- Father's Name
- Place of Birth and Country
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
- Date of Birth
- Education Qualification
- Identification Marks
- Blood Group
- Full details about your previous IDL
Need for the Document
An International Driving Permit is a permit given to existing drivers license holders if he/she wishes to travel abroad and drive there. It is only issued by Government of that country of which the applicant is a citizen.
Information which might help
You need a valid Indian Driving Licence in english to drive in UK. Most car agencies will give car on this basis. If you have an IDP, that's a back-up, if the agency wants to be doubly sure, they CAN ask for it.
For an additional driver in UK additional insurance is mandatory, private or hired, I had taken for my self as well as for my wife as a back up in case of emergencies, expensive, I think it cost me additional 40 GBP for 12 days.
In the US, in all the states, valid Indian Driving Licence in English is enough. Avis, Europe Car and Budget mailed me that an IDP is advisable, strongly told me to carry one; they can ask for one and if there's any doubt they can refuse rental. They also said, in some states highway police are looking for a driving licence in english and ALSO an IDP. Spend that extra money on an IDP and carry this as insurance.
For buying a car / bike in UK and USA you need proof of residence.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A Driving Licence can be used as a proof for Identity also serves as official identification, personal identification and for other legal purposes.
More information which might help people in Natrampalli can be listed here.