Natrampalli - How to Obtain a Learner Driver Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to How to Obtain a Learner Driver Licence in Natrampalli.
- To apply for a Learner Driver License in Natrampalli the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Application forms Form-2, Medical Certificate - Form-1A, Form-1 are required which can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying Learner Driver License by goig through the requirements that are listed under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Online Method
- Go to the RTO Appointment site Link
- For some RTOs the site is (https://parivahan.gov.in/sarathiservice/newLLDet.do Link). If you choose the RTO you will be told to use this site.
- Please click on the link "Learner's license online Application" which would then take you to the form.
- Fill out the details requested in the form
- Select RTO Jurisdiction district and RTO office.
- In Transport type specify Learners license.
- Then select the suitable date of appointment and check availability. Once the date is chosen. Enter the authentication code in the box.
- For Leaner's Driving License you need to fill out Form1.
- Press Submit.
- Then approach the RTOs chosen for getting LLRs and take the Learner's Test, after passing the tests you will be issued a Learners Licence. If you fail the test, you will be given a chance to take the test again.
- For some of the RTOs (Meenambakkam RTO - Chennai in my case) the fees cannot be paid online and needs to paid at the RTO office. Its better to be there at around 10 AM when the office opens as it is a government office, the later we go the more time it takes (from personal experience). In that case, take a printout of the filled application form (Form 2 and Form 1A and medical certificate if you are old), photocopy of the ID proof, Address proof and DOB proof along with the originals. When you go to the RTO, ask for the counter to pay the fees, they will check the application ID and ask you to pay Rs.380 for Learner's License. Then you have to wait in a queue to get the details verified with the originals. Once this is done, they will take the application form, along with the photocopies and then call you to take a photograph and your application will be processed appropriately.
Apply through e-Service centers or Common Service Centers (CSC)
- You can also approach the e-service centers or the CSC centers for availing this service.
- You can find the e-service centers in the municipality office or teshil office in your area.
- You can also find the e-service centers by providing appropriate information under the following link : E-Service Centers Link
- Necessary Documents
- Application in Form 2
- Aadhaar Card
- Medical Certificate in Form 1A
- Application cum Declaration as to the Physical Fitness in Form 1
- Address Proof (any one of the following to be produced)
- Ration Card / Electoral Roll / LIC Policy / Passport / E.B.or Telephone bill / Pay slip issued by Govt. Office or a local body / House tax Receipt / School Certificate / Birth Certificate / Affidavit given by the Magistrate or Notary Public
- Age Proof
- Birth Certificate / School Certificate / Passport / LIC Policy / Affidavit given by the Magistrate or Notary Public / Certificate given by Civil Surgeon
- Passport Sized Photo
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides you list of e-service centers in an area : E-Service Centers Link
RTO Office Locations
Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
Any person who has completed:
- 16 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Motor Cycle without Gear - Not exceeding 50 cc.
- 18 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Motor Cycle with Gear and Light Motor Vehicle.
- 20 years of age is eligible to get a license for driving a Transport Vehicle, if he/she has One years
- Also, no person shall be granted a learners licence to drive a medium or heavy goods vehicle or passenger vehicle unless he has held a driving licence valid for a light motor vehicle (LMV) for at least one year.
Learner License (Form 3) each class (class - Motorcycle, Car) - 150 INR
Repeat test fee for each class (class - Motorcycle, Car) - 150 INR
More fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Learners Licence is valid only for six months.
Note: One can apply for a permanent license only after a month after receiving Leaner's License
Documents to Use
After completion of Learner's test, the Licence will be issued on the same day or within a weeks time.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain Learner Driving License (LLR)
தமிழ்நாடு - கற்பவர் டிரைவர் உரிமம் பெறுதல் (LLR)
By having a LLR, a person can drive the bike in main road with the presence of driving license holder in driving bike. The validity of the LLR is 6 months before that he/she should take driving license. If the LLR is expired he/she should put new LLR to get the license. After one month of learning a driving he/she should apply for license to rto by getting the driving licence form. After the application, the rto will call for a test to get a license.
Follow the below instruction to obtain LLR:
- The persons who intend to get Learners Licence must apply in Form 2 along with the required documents either by walk-in or online.
- Tamil Nadu government announced the people who wants to get the LLR can apply through the Online.
- By applying online would enable the license seekers to save time spent on visiting Regional Transport Offices and waiting there for long hours.
- Another advantage was the person could choose the date and time on which he could visit the RTO for initial tests to get the LLR.
- Preliminary written test will be conducted in the Regional Transport Office. The objective type questions will test the knowledge in traffic sings, traffic rules and regulations.
Forms can be downloaded from the following link http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/app1.html
- Full name of the Applicant
- Father's Name
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Education Qualification
- Identification Marks
- Blood Group
Need for the Document
A Driving Licence is an official document certifying that the holder is suitably qualified to drive a motor vehicle. Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act,1988 in India, no person can drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds a valid Driving Licence issued to him.
In India, two kinds of Driving Licences are issued: Learners Licence and Permanent Licence.A Learners Licence is essential for obtaining a Permanent Licence.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Natrampalli can be listed here.