Natrampalli - Apply for Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Following listed are the ways through which a Ration Card can be applied.
Apply through nearest Ration Shop
- Smart ration cards can be applied through your nearest ration shops.
- The best way to find your nearest ration shop is to call the zonal office of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection they should be able to help you out with your query. Following link provides you the list of zonal offices and their contact information: Zonal Offices and Contact Information
- Alternatively you can enquire in your nearest grocery shop or any local resident in the area they should be able to help you out.
- Make sure you have the required documents for making the application that is listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Please submit the documents and photograph to the ration shop authority requesting for a new Smart Card (Ration Card).
- The authority would obtain all the necessary documents and information from the applicant and submit the application for the Smart Card.
- After verification of the information and the documents the smart card will be provided to the applicant.
- To apply online, please visit the following link, where you will be able to update appropriate information and documents and submit the application: Apply On-line
- Please fill in the fields appropriately and upload the required documents and submit the application.
- Make sure you upload the image of the required documents in appropriate image formats that has been listed out.
- After submitting the application you will be provided with a reference number that you can use for tracking the application.
Apply through Mobile
To apply through smart phones, please search for the TNEPDS App or the PDS Public Mobile App through which you will be able to upload all the necessary information and submit the application.
Apply through e-Service centers (CSC Centers - Common Service Centers)
You can also apply through e-Service centers or the Common Service Centers. Following link can provide you the list of centers that you can approach for making the application : e-Service or CSC Centers
- Aadhaar Card
- Proof of applicant's current residence in Tamil Nadu (copy of original document)
- Election Photo Identity Card (EPIC), OR
- Property tax payment receipt in case of own house (current year), OR
- Electricity Bill (last month), OR
- Telephone Bill (last month) , OR
- Front Page of Bank Pass Book, OR
- Allotment orders in respect of persons residing at houses allotted by Slum Clearance Board, OR
- Passport, OR
- Currently valid tenancy agreement (in case of rented house), AND
- Surrender Certificate along with relevant family card issued by the card issuing authority if any card is issued in the previous address, OR
- Name Deletion Certificate from the parent or guardian family card or Non-inclusion of name Certificate issued by the card issuing authority in the previous address, OR
- No card certificate issued by the card issuing authority, if there is no family card in the previous address, AND
- Particulars regarding earlier application for family card, including registration number and details of rejection, if any? AND
- Details of LPG connection, if any, with details of name of consumer in whose name it is registered, consumer number, LPG agency and Oil Company name.
- Mobile Number or Email addresses may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message (to be activated by end 2008) to the applicant on the status of the application. AND
- A self addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant.
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides contact information about zonal offices that you can use: Zonal Offices and Contact Information
Also, you can contact following contact number for more information : 1967 (or) 1800-425-5901
also through e-mail : [email protected]
Following link provides you list of e-service centers in an area : E-Service Centers Link
Commissioner of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department,
Ezhilagam, IV Floor, Chepauk,
Details of 10 Taluks in Chennai District - Name, Location with Telephone Numbers (After Bifurcation of Taluks)
- Tondiarpet Taluk
Corporation Community Centre, Door No. 473, Thiruvoittyur High Road, (Nearby to Appolo Hospital) Opp. to Cholrea Hospital), Tondiarpet, Chennai-600 081
- Purasaiwalkam Taluk
No.3, Raja Muthaiah Salai (Old FortTondiarpet Taluk office),. Purasaiwalkam, Chennai-600 003. (Near Nehru Indoor Stadium)
- Perambur Taluk
No.3, Perambur High Road,Near Perambur Railway Station, Perambur, Chennai-600 011.
Telephone No.: 25375131
- Ayanavaram Taluk
No.25, United India Colony first main Road, Ayanavaram, Chennai- 600 023 (Near AyanavaramMarket)
Telephone No.: 26741726
- Egmore Taluk
No.88, Mayor Ramanathan Salai, Chetpet, Chennai-600 034 (NearPalimer Hotel)
Telephone No.: 28361890
- Aminjikarai Taluk
No.4, West Mada Street,Koyambedu, Aminjikarai,Chennai -600 107 (Near Kurungaleeswarar Temple)
Telephone No.: 24791727
- Mylapore Taluk
No.28, PasumponMuthuramalingam Salai, RajaAnnamalaipuram, Chennai-600 028 (Near Greenways Railway Station)
Telephone No.: 24331292
- Velachery Taluk
No.113, V.V.Koil Street,Institute of Road Transport Training centre complex,.Tharamani 100 feet Road,Chennai -600 113.
Telephone No.: 22541727
- Mambalam Taluk
New No.1, Old No.2, Bharathidasan Salai, K.K.Nagar,. Chennai-600 078 (Near R.T.O. office) Telephone No.: 24891464; Guindy Taluk
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens
- The applicant and his/her family must be living separately
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn)
- The applicant or any of his/her family members must not be a member in any other family card in Tamil Nadu (If they were one, it has to be withdrawn)
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives
Government of Tamil Nadu have prescribed Rs 5 as the fee for a new ration card. This amount has to be paid to the AC or TSO office concerned
Time period of a ration card is 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Normally it will take 60 days
Apply for Smart Ration Card - In English
Apply for Smart Ration Card through Ration Shops - In English
Apply for Smart Ration Card through e-Service Centers or Common Service Centers (CSC) - In English
Apply for Smart Ration Card through Online or Mobile - In English
???????? ?????? (???????? ????? ?????) - ?????
????? ?????? ????? ???????? ?????? (???????? ????? ?????) - ?????
???????? ????? ?????? ????????? ?????? ?????? ????? ???????? ????? ?????- ?????
??????? ????? ????? ???? ???? - ?????
,br> Tamil Nadu - Apply for Smart Ration Card (Family Identity Card)
தமிழ்நாடு - ஸ்மார்ட் ரேஷன் கார்டு (குடும்ப அடையாள அட்டை)
Ration Cards are issued through Public Distribution System in Tamilnadu for those who would like to purchase commodities in Ration shops. There are three types of cards issued based on their choice. The details of all the three types of ration cards and the commodities that can be issued for each card type is described in detail below.
Types of Ration cards in Tamilnadu
- All Commodity Cards - Green Colour - Rice and other commodities.
- Sugar Cards - White Colour - Sugar and other commodities, no rice.
- No Commodity Cards - White Colour - No commodity.
Applicants are requested NOT to get in touch with the AC or TSO offices (unless filing additional documents) earlier than 30 days, to avoid unnecessary workload on the offices of this department. This will enable us to serve you better.
As soon as the application is filed, the applicant must collect the acknowledgement slip with the office seal, date of application, serial number and date of final disposal.
Government of Natrampalli has fixed the time limit for passing orders on applications for new ration as 60 days from the date of application.
Once, the application is found eligible for issue of a new family card, the card is sent for printing. As soon as the printed card arrives in the office, the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer has to send a post card to the applicant requesting him/her to collect the ration card in person with the acknowledgement slip within 15 days.
In case the application is rejected, the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer has to send a post card to the applicant indicating the reasons for rejection within 60 days of the application date.
If a Mobile Number or Email address has been specified in the application format, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection department will send an automated message (to be activated by end 2008) to the applicant on the status of the application as soon as the application is decided upon.
- If there is Delay Beyond 60 Days from the Application Date, then
Applicants may contact the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer concerned and find out the reasons for the delay.
Officers and staff of the department are liable for action if they wantonly delay applications.
Applicants may speak to Deputy Commissioner, North or Deputy Commissioner, South if within the city of Chennai and its belt area.
Applicants may speak to the District Supply and Consumer Protection Officers of the district concerned.
- Telephone Numbers and Address
If the AC or DC offices do not respond, applicants may also, if needed, also report the same by email or telephone to the Commissioner, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection.
- Sent Mail to
- [email protected]
- If application is rejected
Deputy Commissioner of Civil Supplies , Chennai City, North and South , Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department , Chennai 5 in respect of Chennai city and the belt areas around.
In respect of other areas the District Revenue Officer of the district.
- Applicants can contact Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer in case of delay or rejection of application forms.
- Applicants can also speak to the Deputy Commissioner, North or Deputy Commissioner, South if residing in chennai or speak to District Supply and Consumer Protection Officers if residing in other districts.
- Taluk Supply Officers in other Districts
- Applicant's Name
- Father's / Husband's Name
- Full Address
- Telephone / mobile / email
- Complete details of family members
- Date of birth
- Monthly Income
- Election Card Photo identity number
- Details of gas connection
Need for the Document
For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Family Identity Cards (Ration Cards) are being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card.
Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. This card can be used at ration shops where food products can be purchased at lesser rates, which is a great economic help. This is also a very well accepted address and ID proof. This is an important document in case you need to apply for other government documents like passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
There is a color demarcation in the ration cards as well and in case the economical standard of the family is below the poverty line, then the government will give them blue colored ration cards, where they can get additional provisions at ration shops. The government also offers temporary ration cards valid for shorter periods of time which will help provide relief under special circumstances.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Natrampalli can be listed here.