Natrampalli - Apply Subsidy for Solar Water Heating System
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply Subsidy for Solar Water Heating System in Natrampalli.
- Submit the application form in a prescribed proforma and required documents to the Department of Science and Technology.
- After completing all the verification process the customers will be provided subsidy.
The following documents have to be submitted in original to Department of Science & Technology, duly signed by the customer & agency in order to claim subsidy:
- Application for the Installation of Solar Water Heating System under the Subsidy Scheme.
- Certificate from the Authorized Proprietor / Manufacturer / Beneficiary
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
Block-14, CGO Complex,
Lodhi Road,New Delhi-110 003, India.
- State Nodel Agencies - TAMIL NADU
Chairman & Managing Director,
Tamil Nadu Energy Development Agency (TEDA)
EVK Sampath Building,
Chennai 600 006
Tel: 044-28224832 Fax: 044-28236592
Email : teda[at]md4[dot]vsnl[dot]net[dot]in
- Only individuals, group of individuals, Self Help Groups (SHGs), JLGs (Joint Liability Groups), Non Government Organizations (NGOs) and Farmers club are eligible for subsidy.
- Private/Public Limited Companies are not eligible for this subsidy.
- In order to avail subsidy from the Department of Science and Technology the agency has to be on the Rate Contract of the Department.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Tamil Nadu - Apply Subsidy For Solar Water Heating System
தமிழ்நாடு - சூரிய ஒளி நீர் சூடாக்கும் அமைப்புக்கு மானியம்
Solar Water Heaters are supposed to be installed in field by Manufacturers/ Channel Partners (approved for direct participation in Ministry of New and Renewable Energy's scheme) at net of Government subsidy with five years performance guarantee given to the customers. They also need to follow certain guidelines on quality aspects of systems being installed in the field and have also been uploaded at the Ministrys Website http://www.mnre.gov.in/.
The steps mentioned below outlines the process of purchasing a Solar PV System and also to obtain subsidy/loan
- As a first step, it is important to choose the right manufacturer/supplier from whom you purchase the Solar PV system. The manufacturer/supplier should be a MNRE (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy) approved manufacturer/supplier.
- Only the models approved by MNRE are eligible to be covered under the scheme. Click this link for list of models approved by MNRE.
- Only individuals, group of individuals, Self Help Groups (SHGs), JLGs (Joint Liability Groups), Non Government Organizations (NGOs) and Farmers club are eligible for subsidy. Private/Public Limited Companies are not eligible for this subsidy.
- To avail the subsidy, you need to have an account with a scheduled commercial bank or a regional rural bank. Most public nationalized banks can be approached for this.
- 40% of the cost is subsidized and the rest 60% of the cost is eligible for a soft loan. However the margin to be paid by the beneficiary (out of the 60%) is decided as per RBI norms. The repayment period of the loan is 5 years. The interest rates are also as per RBI norms.
- To obtain the loan one has to submit the quotation and the documents available from the vendor. Vendor should provide the MNRE approval form, TIN number, project proposal, etc which needs to be submitted to the bank.
- After processing the loan and verifying all the documents, the banks provide loan and the documents are sent to NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture for and Rural Development) for release of subsidy. The EMIs start as soon as the loan is processed; however release of subsidy through NABARD takes some time. As per MNRE, the interest on the loan should not be for the subsidy part.
- The banks have the right to recall the subsidy in case they observe that the subsidy is misused.
- Name & Address of the House/Building etc
- Concerned Officer/Owner, Address, Tel. No
- Date of request for installation/capacity
- Copy of the order placed by the beneficiary
- Capacity of SWHS ordered/cos
- Specifications of the SWHS installed
- Date of installation
- Date of commissioning
- Present status of the system
Need for the Document
Supply of electricity is quite unreliable in most parts of India. Due to increased scheduled and un-scheduled power cuts in most of the cities in India, interest in using electricity generated through alternate sources has also increased. However, high capital cost of setting up systems to tap energy through renewable sources is deterrent in taking up large-scale deployments of the same. To promote electricity generation using solar energy Government of India launched Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission in January 2010. The objective is to achieve large-scale deployment of Solar Energy Systems and also to assist domestic production of critical raw materials, components and products to achieve grid parity by 2022.
As part of this mission the Government has initiated a subsidy scheme to help individuals and organizations procure these Solar Energy Systems at reduced capital costs. The scheme is being implemented by IREDA (Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd.) through NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development). The scheme that was last modified on 15th March 2012 provides 40% subsidy on capital costs of Solar PV Systems for units located in both urban and rural areas in India.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Ministry of New and Renewable Energy: http://mnre.gov.in/schemes/decentralized-systems/solar-systems/solar-water-heatres-air-heating-systems/
Procedure to get subsidy on Solar PV Systems through NABARD in India
More information which might help people in Natrampalli can be listed here.