Narasaraopet - Transfer Vehicle Ownership
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Transfer Vehicle Ownership in Narasaraopet.
- To transfer ownership of a vehicle in Narasaraopet the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts Link
- Make sure you have completed respective application
- Form 29, Form 30, Form 28 - In case of sale of vehicle
- Form 31 - In case of death of the vehicle owner
- Form 32 – In case of public auction
- These application forms can be obtained from the following link: 29A Link Form 30 A Form 31 Form 32 Form 28
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for transfer of ownership.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices.
- Present the completed application forms as per the requisite in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- If the details and documents are in place then the authorities will process the application further.
- Authorities will inspect the vehicle – Especially chassis number particularly
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link
- ( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Slot Link
Apply through State Portal
- Application To transfer ownership of a vehicle in Narasaraopet can be made through : Online Portal
- Please click the “REGISTRATION SERVICES” link that is displayed under the “Registration” section of the screen.
- In the next screen, please click on the “Transfer of Ownership” option and hit “NEXT”.
- In the next screen, select respective category and enter registration number followed by details of Aadhaar or Voter id and Select appropriate options and hit “NEXT”.
- You will be given a new screen to enter details
- You will be taken to a screen where you have to choose the day and time that you are planning to visit the RTO office related to the application and click “Next” button that is displayed on the bottom of the screen.
- Please follow the instructions appropriately that are displayed in the next screens for filling the application forms and uploading required documents.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application.
Please use the following set of documents in respect to the process.
- 1. Transfer of ownership in case of death of the registered owner
- Application form 31: Link for Form 31
- Legal heir certificate,
- Affidavit from other legal heir in acceptance of transferring the vehicle
- 2. For transfer of ownership – In case of sales of vehicle
- A no objection certificate granted by the registering authority
- An order of the registering authority refusing to grant the no objection certificate
- A declaration by the transferor that he has not received any such communication together with:
- The postal acknowledgement received from the registering authority where the application for no objection certificate has been sent by post.
- An application for Issue of No Objection Certificate shall be made in Form 28 (in triplicate) to the Registration Authority by which the Vehicle was previously Registered / Transferred. by affixing Rs.3/- Non-Judicial Court Fee Stamp:
- Form 28: Link for form 28
- Also application form 29 and Form 30 Link for form 29 Link for form 30
- 3. For transfer of ownership – In case of purchase of vehicle at a public auction
- Application form 32: Link for form 32
- The certificate or order confirming the sale of the vehicle in his favor duly signed by the person authorized to conduct the auction
- Apart from the above said Form and documents please enclose the following documents respectively to all the procedures
- The certificate of registration
- The certificate of insurance,
- The certificate of pollution under control
- PAN card in case of 4-wheeler
- The appropriate fee as specified in rule 81.
- 2 Photograph of the applicant with vehicle clearly showing number plate
- Pollution under control certificate
- Proof of address (any one of the following): Ration Card / Electoral Roll / LIC Policy
- Pencil traced “Chassis Number” is the primary detail for applying
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photo
- No objection certificate from the Financier if the vehicle held with Hire Purchase
- Valid Tax receipt
Office Locations & Contacts
- Transport Commissioner
Government Of Andhra Pradesh State Transport Department
Address: Vijayawada Rd, Punammathota, Labbipet,
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh - 520010
Phone : 040-2572400
E-mail : email@example.com
Andhra Pradesh State - Transport Department : Contacts Link
- Owner of the vehicle can apply for transfer of ownership of vehicle.
- In case of death of the owner – Legal heir is eligible for this procedure.
Following link provides you fees related information: Fee link
- In case of non transport vehicles like two wheelers and cars, the registration certificate is valid for 15 years from the date of first registration, and it is renewed after every five subsequent years.
- In case of transport vehicles like goods and passenger carriers the registration certificate is valid till certificate of fitness is valid.
Documents to Use
Application forms that can be used: Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Time limit for service to be rendered is 3 Days
Andhra Pradesh - Transfer Vehicle Ownership
Every owner of Motor Vehicle shall cause the Vehicle to be Registered by a Registrating Authority in whose Jurisdiction he has residence or place of business where the vehicle is normally kept.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- The transfer of ownership of a vehicle is to be applied in the concerned motor vehicle (RTO) office where the vehicle is registered.
- The transfer of ownership of vehicle is needed
- In case of death of the registered owner, then the application is to be made by the legal heirs of the vehicle with the required set of documents.
- The sale of vehicle also requires transfer of vehicle ownership from seller.
- Purpose is to establish clear ownership and to tax motorist or vehicle owners.
Information which might help
- In case of vehicle registered outside the state, the transferor (seller) should report the fact of transfer within 45 days of the transfer to the concerned registering authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information on Normal Transfer of Ownership
More information on Transfer of Ownership due to Death
More information on Transfer of Ownership due to Auction
to know the status of your application :---> https://aprtacitizen.epragathi.org/#!/regappstatus
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.