Narasaraopet - Register a Vehicle (Car, Bike)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Register a Vehicle (Car, Bike) in Narasaraopet.
- To register a vehicle in Narasaraopet the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : Contacts link
- Make sure you have completed application form Form-20. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Form 20 Link
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms along with documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Pencil tracing of engine chassis number is the activity to record the chassis number against the registration number in the RTO register
- Authorities will inspect the vehicle and announce the registration number
- Applicant can collect the registration certificate RC as per the authorities advice
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link
( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Online slot link
- Application forms can be obtained from following link: Forms Link
- Application in Form-20 (in duplicate if it is with HP)
- Sales certificate in Form 21 .
- Road worthiness certificate in Form 22 from the manufacturers.
- Pollution under control and road worthiness certificate in Form-22 from manufacturer
- Pollution under control and road worthiness certificate in Form-22 A, where body is fabricated
- Valid Insurance Certificate.
- Proof of address (any one of the following): Ration Card / Electoral Roll / LIC Policy / Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive or First Class Judicial
- Design approval copy as applicable
- Original Sales Certificate from the concerned Authorities in Form 21 in the case of Ex_Army Vehicle.
- Customs Clearance Certificate in the case of Imported Vehicles.
- Appropriate Fee as specified in Rule 81 of CMV Rules.
- Tax as per APMVT Act.
- Chassis Number is the primary detail for applying
- Pan card or GIR or Form-60/61 of I.T. Department
- Aadhaar card
- Passport size photos 3 copies.
- Life Time Tax for Non Transport Vehicle.
- Unloaded Weight Certificate for Transport Vehicle.
- Permit sanctioned proceedings for Transport Vehicle.
- Temporary Registration Certificate for temporarily registered vehicles.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Transport Commissioner
Government Of Andhra Pradesh State Transport Department
Address: Vijayawada Rd, Punammathota, Labbipet,
Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh - 520010
Phone : 040-2572400
E-mail : email@example.com
Andhra Pradesh State - Transport Department : Contacts Link
- Dealer is eligible to apply on behalf of the owner of the vehicle.
- Registration of temporary registered vehicle - the owner may apply for registration.
Detailed Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
- Incase of non transport vehicles like two wheelers and cars, the registration certificate is valid for 15 years from the date of first registration and it is renewed after every five subsequent years.
- Incase of transport vehicles like goods and passenger carriers the registration certificate is valid till certificate of fitness is valid.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- It takes 5 working days to register a vehicle
- Applicant can receive the RC within one week to 1 month
- Status can be viewed with : Link for status
Andhra Pradesh - Register a Vehicle (Car, Bike, Motorcycle)
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- All the vehicles need to be registered as per the Motor Vehicle Act,1988 . The vehicles are provided with unique registration number. Once the vehicle is registered, a certificate is issued to the owner. The registration certificate is used as a proof for authorized owner of the vehicle.
- Permanent registration is required for the Temporary registered Vehicle
- Vehicle registration's purpose is to establish clear ownership and to tax motorist or vehicle owners. It is a requirement by the state.
- After one register his / her vehicle – He / She will receive a unique number to use it in number board
- When a bike owned by a individual sold to another person – the name transfer has to be made with the authorities concerned
Information which might help
- One who wishes to sell his or her vehicle should make sure that the proper name transfer in RC is carried out
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle registered
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Narasaraopet can be listed here.